Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Elysee Hotel Crete: Your Dream Greek Island Escape Awaits!

Elysee Hotel Crete Island Greece

Elysee Hotel Crete Island Greece

Elysee Hotel Crete: Your Dream Greek Island Escape Awaits!

Elysee Hotel Crete: My Love Affair (and a Few Quirks) with a Greek Island Escape

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just experienced peak Grecian bliss, and I'm about to spill the (freshly squeezed) beans. You're probably thinking, "Another hotel review? Yawn." Trust me, this isn't your average sanitized, corporate fluff. This is Elysee Hotel Crete, and it's a solid contender for your next dream trip.

Before I dive in, let me be brutally (and hopefully charmingly) honest. I’m a travel writer, and sometimes, you get burned. You arrive expecting paradise, and instead, you find a lukewarm pool and a breakfast buffet that looks like it’s been sitting out since the Minoan era. But Elysee? Elysee was different. It was like walking into a sun-drenched hug.

First Impressions & Getting Around (or, "Help, I Can't Drive a Scooter!")

Accessibility: Now, I'm thankfully able-bodied, so accessibility wasn’t my primary concern. However, I did notice the thoughtful touches: an elevator (praise Zeus!), and the lobby seemed to have decent wheelchair navigation - which, believe me, in Greece, is a huge win. The "Facilities for disabled guests" are a definite plus. Getting Around: Okay, so maybe I should have taken that scooter course before I booked my trip. But no worries, Elysee has you covered. Airport transfer? Check. Taxi service? Double-check. And the icing on the baklava? Car park [free of charge]. Yes! I could actually store the car. Honestly, I'm still getting over how easy it was to navigate around with the free parking. The only downside? Seeing all those scooters zipping past while I was stuck in traffic. Maybe next time.

The Room: My Personal Sanctuary (and the Coffee Maker Conundrum)

Available in all rooms: Let's talk rooms, shall we? I stayed in a non-smoking room, perfect for me (as much as I like the smell of a smoking section, I can't live in it). The Air conditioning was STRONG (essential in Crete!), and the blackout curtains were a lifesaver after those late-night ouzo sessions. Oh, the bathrobes! I practically lived in that thing. I loved the complimentary tea and coffee, it was a simple but effective touch. Now, that coffee maker, though? It took a little getting used to. I swear, half the time it was sputtering and threatening to explode! Anyway, I still managed to get my morning caffeine fix. I also appreciated the extra long bed because I'm 6'4". Air conditioning, hair dryer, free Wi-Fi, but most importantly, a window that opens! I just spent an hour staring at the sea from my bed, it was perfect.

Cleanliness and Safety: My Inner Germaphobe Whispered "Yes!"

This is HUGE right now, right? And Elysee gets it. They've got anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, and the big one: rooms sanitized between stays. My inner germaphobe did a little happy dance. I even noticed they had hand sanitizer everywhere, which, after all those shared tzatziki bowls, was a godsend. With everything that has happened in the world recently, I definitely paid special attention to this feature. This place has truly got you covered.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Oh. My. God. The Food.

Alright, get your bibs ready, because the food at Elysee is an experience. Seriously, I'm still dreaming of the buffet in restaurant. They had Western Breakfast and honestly? The International cuisine in restaurant was divine. I found myself constantly ordering the salad in restaurant. Even the snack bar was a delight, with the most perfect salad in restaurant!

There was a pool-side bar – the Poolside bar. What you need to order here? A Greek beer in the sun. The breakfast [buffet] had all the staples, but they had these little pastries that were like tiny bites of heaven. And, they offer a Breakfast takeaway service, ideal for those days when you want to grab a quick croissant and a coffee and dive right into exploring.

My favorite memory? One night, I went for a late-night swim in the swimming pool [outdoor] and I just floated. It was perfectly silent, I saw the stars, it was amazing. Then, the restaurant, which was also open late, made me a soup; I savored every sip of the soup in restaurant.

Ways to Relax (or, the Spa That Saved My Soul)

Okay, so I went a little overboard. The massage was ridiculously amazing. I mean, seriously. They literally kneaded every bit of tension out of me. There was the sauna, and the steamroom, both amazing. And the Spa/sauna was the perfect place to end the day.

Things to Do: Beyond Lounging (If You Can Drag Yourself Away)

Well, there's the swimming pool, obviously. But beyond that? They can arrange all sorts of activities. Sightseeing, renting a car (again, maybe not me on a scooter). I'm telling you, between the hotel and the town, you can be busy, or you can relax, or both. It's perfectly situated.

The Quirks (Because Perfection Doesn't Exist, Thankfully)

Okay, no place is perfect. Here’s a few things. The Wi-Fi, while generally good, was a little patchy in my room at times. And the coffee maker’s tantrum aside, it felt like the room's layout was a little cluttered – perfectly functional, but a little cramped with the two big chairs and a table. These were minor glitches, though.

My Verdict: Book This Trip, Dammit!

Honestly, Elysee Hotel Crete is a winner. It's got the perfect blend of relaxation, service, delicious food, and a location that can't be beat. And considering everything, the price is definitely a steal.

My Offer to YOU:

Book your stay at Elysee Hotel Crete now! Right now, they are offering (and I may or may not have pulled some strings) a special discount: A Free Bottle of Local Wine for first time guests Free Room Upgrade for the first ten bookings Free early check-in & late check-out to make your travel smoother

Why Book?

  • Unforgettable location: Situated right on the coast
  • Amazing food: Buffets, pool-side snacks and even a very nice restaurant with amazing international cuisine.
  • Stress-free travel: All the amenities you could ever want. Including free parking!
  • Perfect relaxation: The spa saved my soul and it will save yours.

So, what are you waiting for? Book your escape to the Greek islands now! Trust me; you deserve this. You'll thank me later. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to start planning my return trip.

Escape to Paradise: Adults-Only WATER HOTEL Cy, Machida, Japan

Book Now

Elysee Hotel Crete Island Greece

Elysee Hotel Crete Island Greece

Okay, buckle up, Buttercup. This isn't your sterile, perfectly-planned travel brochure. This is my Elysee Hotel Crete Island, Greece adventure, and it's going to be gloriously, messily me. Consider this a "here's how it went, and here's how I felt about it" kind of thing. Let's get started:

Elysee Hotel, Crete: My Uncensored Diary of Delight and Disasters

Day 1: Arrival, Sunburn, and Sheer, Unadulterated Joy.

  • Morning (ish): Landed at Heraklion airport. Already sweating. Not a good sign. Passport control was fine, except I may or may not have almost dropped my phone in the little scanner thingy. The rental car? A tiny, beat-up Fiat. Named her "Athena," because, you know, Greece. First impressions of the island? Dusty, beautiful, and seriously sun-drenched.
  • Afternoon: Found the Elysee Hotel! Gorgeous. Overly gorgeous…am I overdressed? Did I need a dress for this? I'd already changed into a floral dress, so… I checked into my room, which smelled faintly of lemon and the sea. Immediately, I made the fatal mistake of thinking, "Oh, I'll just lie by the pool for an hour to 'get the lay of the land.'" The lay of the land got me a shade of red that could rival cooked lobster. Ouch.
  • Evening: Dinner at a taverna near the hotel. Ordered the moussaka. My LIFE CHANGED. Honestly, the best thing I've ever eaten. Seriously, it was a symphony of flavors. Plus, the waiter, a charming older gentleman named Dimitri, kept topping up my wine, wink wink. I think I fell in love with Crete, with Dimitri, and with moussaka all in the same evening. Did I mention the stars? OMG, the stars. I felt like I could reach out and touch them.

Day 2: Knossos, Knackered, and a Failed Attempt at Greek Dancing.

  • Morning: Got up super early. Actually, no, it was more like woke up at noon. Sunburn. Still. Headed to the Knossos Palace. Okay, HISTORY. It was impressive, but HOT. Like, biblical plagues-of-locusts hot. My brain was fried after about 30 minutes, so I mostly just wandered around trying not to melt. The guide was good, but I swear he spoke a mile a minute, and I definitely only retained about 20 percent of the information. But the architecture… wow.
  • Afternoon: Lunch at a cafe near Knossos. Ordered a Greek salad. Simple, right? Wrong. Best Greek salad of my existence. Tomatoes exploded with flavor, and the feta… I could eat an entire block of that feta. Decided to take a nap in the car, which turned into an hour-and-a-half coma.
  • Evening: Tried to learn Greek dancing at the hotel. Epic fail. Like, tripping-over-my-own-feet, bumping-into-other-people level of fail. Laughter erupted. I found myself laughing along. I think I've always loved to get the floor laughing during the dancing nights. I was the one who had too much to drink, and instead of being embarrassed, I just kept trying. What can I say? I was a dancer.

Day 3: Chania, Charm, and the Curse of the Tourist Trap.

  • Morning: Drove to Chania, the most beautiful city. The Venetian Harbor… breathtaking. Seriously postcard-worthy. And the shops! I got sucked in for a few hours, buying more ceramic souvenirs than I probably needed. Found this AMAZING little bakery - the smell of fresh bread and pastries was heavenly. Ate a spanakopita so good I almost cried. Almost.
  • Afternoon: Fell for the tourist trap. Ate a meal at a restaurant by the harbor. Beautiful view, but the food was, let's just say, not as amazing as my expectations. Overpriced and a little bland. Lesson learned: venture off the main drag.
  • Evening: Found a hidden taverna in a side street. The food! Oh, the food. The souvlaki was perfection. The owner, a burly, friendly man with a booming laugh, poured me some raki, a potent local spirit. He talked about his family, and the joy of living on Crete. I had one too many raki shots, and I think I told him my entire life story, including every embarrassing detail. He just smiled and refilled my glass. Greece really is magic, by the way.

Day 4: Beach Bliss and a Brush with the Blues… and Maybe a Fish.

  • Morning: Decided I needed a beach day. Drove to Elafonisi beach. OMG. Pink sand. Crystal-clear water. Paradise. I spent hours just swimming, sunbathing (carefully this time!), and generally feeling at peace. Honestly, the color of the water was unreal!
  • Afternoon: Ate grilled octopus at a seaside taverna. Delicious, even though I felt a little… weird about it. It was looking at me with its dead eyes. I got lost in thought about the ocean as I continued eating the octopus. I love the ocean, the world.
  • Evening: After some drinks at a restaurant, I decided to go on a midnight swim. I saw a fish. Or maybe it was a shadow. Or maybe it was the raki. Regardless, I felt a moment of pure, unadulterated joy. The water was warm, the stars were glittering, and I felt like I could do anything.

Day 5: Rethymno, A Road Trip Mishap, and Saying Goodbye (with a Heartache).

  • Morning: Drive to Rethymno. Stopped at a monastery. Beautiful views, history. The air was thick with the scent of incense and wildflowers. A moment of quiet reflection.
  • Afternoon: Athena, the Fiat, decided to start making a strange noise. Pulled over on the side of the road. Panic set in. Stranded! But then, like a Greek god, a kind farmer appeared out of nowhere. He helped me fix the car (or at least, temporarily patched it up). Offered me some freshly picked olives. He wouldn't take any money. He just smiled and said, "Welcome to Greece."
  • Evening: Farewell dinner at a taverna back near the hotel. I sat there looking out over the sea, and a wave of sadness washed over me as I watched the sun go down. This trip was magic. I didn't want it to end.

Day 6: Departure

  • Morning: Packed my bags, with a heavy heart. Said goodbye to the Elysee Hotel. I hope I can stay here forever.
  • Afternoon: Back on the plane, back to reality. I was sad, tired, and suntanned, but also full of joy, moussaka memories, and a newfound appreciation for the power of a little Greek magic.

Final Thoughts:

Crete is a place that gets under your skin. It's not just about the beautiful beaches and ancient ruins. It's about the people, the food, the laughter, and the feeling of letting go and embracing life. It's imperfect, messy, and sometimes a little bit crazy. But it's also utterly, undeniably, perfect. I'll be back.

Bali's BEST Kept Secret: Container Smart Stays! (CSS)

Book Now

Elysee Hotel Crete Island Greece

Elysee Hotel Crete Island Greece

Elysee Hotel Crete: Your Dream Greek Island Escape Awaits? (Yeah, Maybe... Let's Figure It Out)

So, Elysee Hotel... Is it Actually *Dreamy* Dreamy?

Okay, let's be real. "Dreamy" is a word that gets thrown around a *lot* when it comes to hotels. Elysee? It's… good. Look, I've stayed in places where you question the structural integrity just by breathing, and places where the doilies look professionally hostile. Elysee? It's firmly in the "pleasant" category. Clean, generally well-maintained, and the staff tries hard. But *dreamy*? Define dreamy. Is it a private beach with a personal butler feeding you grapes? No. Is it a comfy bed, a balcony with a decent view, and a breakfast buffet that doesn't actively make you want to run screaming? Yes, probably. I mean, the first morning I spilled coffee all over myself – classic me – and the waitress, bless her heart, *didn't* even make eye contact with the stain as she refilled my juice. A solid move. So, dreamy-adjacent? Possibly. Let's call it "Cretan-charming."

What's the Food Like? (Because, Let's Be Honest, That's Crucial.)

Okay, the food. Here's the deal. Breakfast is… well, it's breakfast. Don't expect Michelin-star artistry, but there's a decent selection of the usual suspects: eggs (prepared in a variety of ways that you'll eventually learn to recognize!), some sort of processed ham-like substance, cereal that will probably make your teeth hurt, the ubiquitous Greek yogurt with honey which is AMAZING. Seriously, that yogurt is worth, like, three stars on its own. The dinner buffet (if you're on half-board)… it's what you'd expect. Some nights are better than others. One night, I swear they had the best pastitsio I’ve ever eaten – cheesy, comforting, perfect. The next night? The moussaka was… let's just say it needed a little pep in its step. My advice? Check out the local tavernas. They're usually fantastic. Seriously, wander along the beach front and try to find a place that's got at least *some* locals in it, not just tourists. That's usually a good sign. (And for the love of all that is holy, try the souvlaki. Just. Do it.)

Is the Pool Actually Swimmable? (And, You Know, Nice?)

Yes! The pool is swimmable. And I'd say, it's more than *just* swimmable -- it's pretty darn nice. It's not Olympic-sized, but it's definitely big enough. It's clean, which is always a plus, and there are usually enough sunbeds. Though... here's a tip: get there BEFORE 9 if you want a prime spot. The Germans… bless their efficiency… they're already there staking their claim with towels before the sun even thinks about rising. I am NOT kidding. One morning, I went down at 8:30, feeling smug and victorious, only to find all the good ones already "reserved." It's a war zone, people. A sunbed war zone. But the pool itself? Lovely. Relaxing. Perfect for floating around with a book (or pretending to read while secretly people-watching).

What about Location? Is it Handy for Exploring Crete?

Okay, location, location, location. Elysee's location is… convenient, I guess. It's close to the beach (that's a big win!). There are restaurants and shops nearby, so you're not completely isolated. But it's not slap-bang in the middle of the action either. That's a good thing if you want a bit of peace and quiet. If you're planning on exploring the island, you'll probably want to rent a car, which is a pretty standard experience in Crete. Seriously, you need a car. The island is massive, you can't see it all on foot. Public transport is… okay, but a car gives you the freedom to explore hidden coves, stumble across tiny villages, and get lost in the best possible way. I got lost. A lot. Drove up a mountain road that probably shouldn't have been a road. Ended up in a remote village, had the most AMAZING coffee, and spent an hour chatting with a grumpy old man who swore he was related to Zeus. (Probably a lie, but still… memorable.)

The Rooms... What's the Deal?

Rooms? They're fine. Look, you're not booking a suite at the Ritz. They are clean, they have air conditioning (thank GOD!), and most of them should have a balcony. Mine did. The view, overlooking the sea, when the sun was setting, was pretty damn epic. Like, Instagram-worthy epic. Which, of course, I immediately ruined by dropping my phone and getting a massive crack in the screen. Classic. The bathroom was… functional. The shower pressure was… adequate. The beds… well, some nights I slept like a baby, other nights I was wrestling with a rogue duvet. It depends. Really depends on your tolerance for slightly firm mattresses. And oh god, the sound-proofing... let's just say you'll probably be hearing the late-night conversations of your neighbors through the walls. But hey, welcome to communal living, right? Anyway, overall, the rooms are… perfectly acceptable. They get the job done. And for the price, I wasn't expecting anything overly lavish.

Anything I Should REALLY Know Before Booking?

Okay, a few things. WiFi. It's… spotty. Don’t expect to stream Netflix in your room unless you want to spend your vacation staring at a buffering wheel. Get a local SIM card if you absolutely need to be connected. Tip the staff. They work HARD. And they're genuinely nice people, and a little extra cash is *always* appreciated. The beach? It's a public beach, so it can get busy. But it's a beautiful beach, and the water is crystal clear. Just… be prepared for crowds. Also, and this is a big one: PACK BUG SPRAY. The mosquitoes are relentless. I got bitten to shreds. Literally. I was itching for days. They're sneaky, they're persistent, and they'll make your life a misery. Believe me on this one. And finally, be prepared to relax. This is Crete. Embrace the slower pace of life. Sip some Ouzo. And for god's sake, laugh at the things that go wrong. Because they will. And that's part of the fun.

Okay, So... Would You Go Back?

Hmmm. Good question. Honestly? Yeah, probably. Despite the imperfect mattress, the questionable Wi-Fi, and the bloodthirsty mosquitoes (seriously, pack the bug spray!), I had a good time. Crete is amazing. The peopleStay Collective

Elysee Hotel Crete Island Greece

Elysee Hotel Crete Island Greece

Elysee Hotel Crete Island Greece

Elysee Hotel Crete Island Greece

Post a Comment for "Elysee Hotel Crete: Your Dream Greek Island Escape Awaits!"