Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Astoria Inn LaGuardia: NYC's BEST Airport Hotel? (You Won't Believe This!)

Astoria Inn LaGuardia Hotel New York (NY) United States

Astoria Inn LaGuardia Hotel New York (NY) United States

Astoria Inn LaGuardia: NYC's BEST Airport Hotel? (You Won't Believe This!)

Astoria Inn LaGuardia: NYC's BEST Airport Hotel? (You Won't Believe This!) - A Brutally Honest Review

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to drop some truth bombs about the Astoria Inn LaGuardia. Forget the sterile, perfectly polished reviews you usually stumble upon. This is real life. This is me, battling jet lag and questionable airport coffee, and I'm reporting back from the trenches. Is it the best airport hotel in NYC? Well, let's just say the answer is a little… complicated.

First Impressions (and the Fight Against the Four Walls of Blandness)

Okay, so the accessibility is pretty good. Elevator? Check. Ramps? Mostly. Feeling like you're navigating a maze of beige? Also check. I mean, it's an airport hotel, right? Aesthetics aren't exactly the priority. You're basically trading Instagram-worthy decor for proximity to your gate. Speaking of gates…

Getting There & Other Mundane Annoyances (that Actually Matter)

The airport transfer definitely comes in handy, especially after a red-eye. Saved me a chaotic cab ride, and the driver was actually a chatty Cathy, which was surprisingly welcome. Car park is available, and it’s free of charge – a godsend in NYC! They also have a car power charging station, which is handy for the Tesla-toting crowd. (I’m jealous.) The check-in/out [express] option is a blessing for the time-crunched traveler. Efficiency is key when you're practically living at an airport.

Rooms: My Humble Abode for a Hot Minute

The non-smoking rooms are a must (thank goodness), and mine had a decent view (of a parking lot, but hey, it’s NYC!). The air conditioning worked like a champ, which, after sweating my way through the city, was an absolute lifesaver. Let's be honest, the carpeting could use a deep clean, and the decorations are… well, they exist. Think functional, not fabulous.

Now, about the Wi-Fi…

The big selling point? Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! And it actually worked. Not like some hotels where you spend half your stay battling the internet gods. I needed the Internet access – wireless and it delivered. Also Internet access – LAN in case you're a purist. Free bottled water was a nice touch - crucial to combat airplane dehydration.

Amenities & Those "Things To Do" (Spoiler Alert: Mostly Sleeping)

Okay, let's be real. You're probably not here for a spa day. Though, they do list a whole bunch of things you’d find at a spa like Body scrub, Body wrap, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Sauna, Massage. They also say they have a Swimming pool [outdoor], but I’m guessing that’s only open in the summer, and even then, you might need to fight for a space with a sea of speedos. I didn’t see any of those things… I was too busy sleeping.

They have a Fitness center, which I, uh, glanced at. Looked pretty standard. I mean, who really wants to work out when they're facing a 6 AM flight?

Cleanliness and Safety: The Covid-Era Checklist

This is where Astoria Inn tries to shine. They boast about anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, and rooms sanitized between stays. They also offer room sanitization opt-out available, which is a thoughtful touch. You'll find hand sanitizer readily available and they have a staff trained in safety protocol. There's even a doctor/nurse on call (a comforting thought, I guess). They even have individually-wrapped food options and a cashless payment service.

Dining, Drinking & Snacking: The Fueling Station

The restaurants are… fine. Let’s just say the cuisine isn't going to win any Michelin stars. They offered Breakfast [buffet] – the quality varied from day to day (hey, it happens!). You can order Breakfast in room if you want to hide away. They also had a Coffee shop that was your basic hotel coffee shop, and a Poolside bar, in case you want to sip a cocktail while viewing the parking lot. They have a bar – useful. They have a Snack bar – also useful. I didn't spot much Asian cuisine in restaurant.

Speaking of Dining? I was desperate for food after getting in late. I'm talking HANGRY. My room service experience was… interesting. The Room service [24-hour] option saved me. They had Vegetarian restaurant. My "Caesar salad" arrived looking a bit…deflated. The lettuce had seen better days, and the dressing tasted suspiciously like bottled ranch. (I’m being dramatic, but only slightly). They did include a decent Bottle of water, I'll give them that.

The "Service" Side of Things: Beyond the Front Desk

The staff are… friendly enough. The Concierge was genuinely helpful in pointing me towards a decent (non-hotel) breakfast spot. They offer Daily housekeeping. Laundry service is available, a godsend if you're on a long trip. They have Facilities for disabled guests. There’s dry cleaning, luggage storage.

Quirks, Quirks, Everywhere! (And a Final Verdict)

Here's the truth: It's not a luxury hotel. It's practical. It's a place to crash before or after a flight. Are there imperfections? Oh, absolutely. But for an airport hotel? The soundproof rooms actually work. I slept like a log. Because realistically, that's what I needed.

My Final Verdict: Maybe Best Airport Hotel in NYC?

Okay, it’s not perfect. BUT, considering location, accessibility, and reliable Wi-Fi, I'd cautiously say YES. If you need a solid airport hotel, Astoria Inn is a decent bet.


Astoria Inn LaGuardia: Your Flight-Saving Offer! (Get Your Sleep On!)

Ready to ditch the airport chaos and snag a good night’s sleep before your flight?

Here's what you get when you book your stay at Astoria Inn LaGuardia:

  • Guaranteed Comfort (Despite My Snarky Review!): Clean, comfortable rooms, designed for rest and relaxation.
  • Stress-Free Access: Convenient airport transfer, parking options, and easy check-in/out.
  • Stay Connected: Free, reliable Wi-Fi to keep you connected.
  • Fuel Up: On-site restaurant/bar options – perfect for grabbing a quick bite or unwinding after a long day.
  • Safety First: Rigorous cleaning protocols to keep you safe and sound.

Book your stay today and get [Insert a compelling offer here - e.g., a discount on your room rate, a complimentary breakfast, free airport transfer, or a late check-out].

But hurry! This offer is only valid for a limited time!

Click here to book now and experience the Astoria Inn LaGuardia difference!

Hotel Forty One Bucharest: Luxury Redefined in Romania's Capital

Book Now

Astoria Inn LaGuardia Hotel New York (NY) United States

Astoria Inn LaGuardia Hotel New York (NY) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This ain't your sanitized, perfectly-packaged travel itinerary. This is my potential disaster, I mean, trip to Astoria, Queens, staying at the… well, let’s call it the "Astoria Inn LaGuardia Hotel," shall we? Here goes, with all the glorious messiness of actual human existence:

Astoria, Queens, Here I Come! (Or Will I?) - A Trip of Triumphs and (Let's Be Real) Total Fiascos

Day 1: Arrival and the Dreaded Check-In

  • Morning (NYC Time, Still Adjusting): Flight lands at LaGuardia. Honestly, I hate flying. The cramped seats, the screaming babies (bless 'em), the existential dread of being suspended miles above the earth… ugh. Pray for a smooth landing. (And pray I packed enough Xanax.)

  • 10:00 AM (ish): Grab a cab. My internal GPS is notoriously unreliable. The driver, a true New Yorker, will probably launch into a rant about traffic, other drivers, and the utter absurdity of the world. I will nod and pretend I understand. (Spoiler alert: I won’t.)

  • 10:45 AM (give or take an hour, depending on traffic and my innate ability to get lost): Arrive at the Astoria Inn LaGuardia Hotel. Okay, let's get real: My expectations are low. Very low. I’m picturing a slightly grimy, possibly creaky, but hopefully, clean room. Check in. The front desk person will either be delightfully friendly or utterly soul-crushing. There is no in-between. Dealing with the possibility of a bad attitude or the possibility of a fantastic one is a gamble I’m already emotionally preparing for.

    • Possible Scenario 1: Nightmare Fuel: “Your reservation? Oh, we don’t have your reservation. (Cue internal screaming). We're overbooked, and well… good luck.” (Deep breath. Start composing email to Expedia)
    • Possible Scenario 2: Pleasant Surprise: "Welcome! You're in luck, we had a cancellation. I've upgraded you to a room with a… a partial view of the… well, you get the idea." (Actual cheers and a genuine smile.)
  • 11:30 AM: Get to my room. Pray for a working elevator. Pray for a clean bed. Pray for… amenities. (What are the odds of having a working coffee maker and a decent hairdryer?) Okay. Deep breath. Let’s do this.

  • Afternoon: Unpack. Briefly, because I'm a procrastinator. Take stock of the room. Assess the damage. (What's the state of the carpet? Are there any questionable stains? Does the window open? Crucial questions!) Then, collapse on the bed for a bit. Jet lag is a beast.

  • 1:00 PM: Exploration Time! Start by finding a decent place to eat. Preferably something that's not a chain restaurant. I've heard good things about the Greek food in Astoria. I am prepared to stuff my face with gyros or baklava. The search begins.

  • 2:30 PM: Commence the Astoria exploration! I'll wander around the neighborhood, soak it all in, getting lost in the process. I’ll take photos of everything: the street art, the brownstones, the stoops, the cats. I want to get a feel for the place, hear the sounds and absorb the energy. And I pray to God I can find WiFi.

  • 4:00 PM: Take a walk in Socrates Sculpture Park. I've seen photos, and it looks cool. Hopefully, I can find it without too much difficulty. I'll likely be overwhelmed by the sheer artistic ambition.

  • 5:00 PM: Time for a little "culture." Look for a local bar or cafe, somewhere I can sit, people-watch, and contemplate the meaning of it all. (Preferably with something caffeinated in hand.)

  • Evening: Find a cool restaurant. I'm thinking something quirky and delicious. Maybe a cozy Italian place? Or a hole-in-the-wall tapas bar. Whatever, I'm open to suggestions!

  • 7:00 PM: Dinner and maybe a local brew.

  • 8:30 PM: Collapse. I'm calling it a night. Hopefully, I actually sleep.

Day 2: Food, Fun, and Possibly, Regret

  • Morning: Wake up. Regret existing. No, just kidding (mostly). Hopefully, the coffee maker works, or I find a decent cafe.

  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast at a local diner. Gotta get that classic New York experience! Eggs, bacon, toast, the whole shebang. And a side of attitude from the waitress, of course.

  • 10:00 AM: Visit to the Museum of the Moving Image! I've always loved movies, and this should be cool. I will spend too much time gawking at costumes, props, and behind-the-scenes stuff. I will probably have to drag myself away kicking and screaming.

  • 1:00 PM: Itinerary? Who has time for an itinerary? I’m roaming. I'm exploring. I'm going on a food adventure! I will seek and find the best pizza, the best Greek salad, the best… well, you get the idea.

  • 2:30 PM: Spend more time in a cafe.

  • 4:00 PM: More exploration of Astoria. Walk by the river; maybe take some photos.

  • 5:00 PM: Find somewhere to have a drink.

  • Evening: Dinner at a great restaurant.

  • 9:00 PM: Bedtime! I'm old.

Day 3: My Departure & the Unavoidable Airport Shenanigans

  • Morning: Wake up. Check out of the hotel. Do the inevitable last-minute panic-packing of my suitcase. Did I forget anything? Probably. Oh well!

  • 9:00 AM: Grabbing a quick breakfast

  • 10:00 AM: Farewell Astoria! (Probably teary-eyed from the fun and the inevitable sleep deprivation).

  • 11:00 AM: Travel to LaGuardia.

  • 12:00 PM: Airport purgatory. Security lines, overpriced snacks, and the general chaos of air travel. I will probably be late. I will probably be anxious. I will probably be wishing I'd stayed in Astoria forever.

  • 1:00 PM: Flight.

  • All the time: I'll get a chance to experience the unique energy of New York City and its various ethnic communities and learn to love its people and idiosyncrasies.

Imperfections and Rambles:

  • The "Lost in Translation" Moment: I fully expect to embarrass myself trying to order a coffee. Or asking for directions. Or, well, basically, anything involving human interaction.

  • The Unexpected Obsession: I'll probably become fixated on something completely random. Maybe pigeons. Maybe the way the sunlight hits a particular building. Who knows?

  • The Emotional Rollercoaster: I'm fully prepared to feel everything: joy, exhaustion, excitement, loneliness, and maybe a few moments of sheer existential dread.

  • The Food Coma: I 100% guarantee there will be a point I'm so full of delicious food that I can't function. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.

  • The "Totally Worth It" Realizations: Amid all the chaos, I hope I'll have a few moments of clarity. Moments where I genuinely appreciate being there. Moments where I think, "Yeah, this (gesturing vaguely at everything) is pretty amazing."

    This, my friends, is my plan. It's not perfect. It's not slick. But it's real. And hopefully, it's going to be an adventure. Wish me luck. (I'll probably need it.)

Shenzhen's Hidden Gem: Hilton Garden Inn Guangming - Unbelievable Stay!

Book Now

Astoria Inn LaGuardia Hotel New York (NY) United States

Astoria Inn LaGuardia Hotel New York (NY) United States

Astoria Inn, LaGuardia: Airport Hotel? More Like a Survival Guide with a Mattress! (and You WON'T Believe This...)

Is the Astoria Inn actually *good*? Like, for an airport hotel? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Okay, breathe. Deep breaths. Airport hotel... I always felt like they were designed to be endured, not enjoyed. But... here's the thing. The Astoria Inn? It’s... acceptable. Dare I say, sometimes even *surprisingly* decent. Look, it's not the Ritz, okay? But it’s clean, the staff is generally *alive*, and for a layover from the abyss that is LaGuardia? It's a freaking lifesaver. I’ve stayed in places that screamed "abandon hope, all ye who enter," but the Astoria Inn? It whispers... "at least you have a bed." And sometimes, that's all you need.

So, it's conveniently located for LGA? How close are we *really* talking? Because "close" in airport-speak can mean a death march.

Alright, distance. This is important. Seriously. Don't trust Google Maps *completely*. LaGuardia traffic... it's a beast. The Astoria Inn is, and I'm using this word precisely, *relatively* close. A short taxi ride, a slightly longer ride with a rideshare. Don't expect to stroll over, unless you're a masochist or a marathon runner. I once tried to walk... once. Let's just say I arrived looking like I'd wrestled a bear (and lost). Plan on a 10-15 minute ride, *without* insane traffic. Factor in an extra 30 mins in peak chaos. And trust me, there *is* peak chaos. Always.

What are the rooms like? Are we talking clean, or "mystery stain" level?

Okay, the rooms. This is where we temper expectations a *little*. The Astoria Inn rooms are... functional. Clean? Mostly. I mean, I've never *found* a mystery stain. Though I *have* occasionally suspected one lurked in the shadows, judging me. They’re basic, but the beds are comfortable enough for a tired traveler. The bathrooms are... fine. Don’t expect spa-like luxury. Expect a working shower that doesn't inexplicably change temperature mid-shampoo. That's what I'm looking for. They're doing their job.

Do they have any amenities? Like, a gym? Or... hopefully, free coffee? Because airport-induced fatigue is real.

Gym? Let's not get crazy. Free coffee? *Yes!* (usually). And the all-important *free* Wi-Fi. Okay, there's a *tiny* gym, like, you could probably do some push-ups in your room and get more exercise. But the coffee? It's the stuff of weary travelers' dreams. Seriously, sometimes the free coffee is the only reason I stay. I *need* that caffeine kick. Plus, they sometimes *have* the complimentary breakfast. Which, let's be honest, is a life-saver when you're leaving on the first flight of the day!

What's the staff like? Friendly? Efficient? Or do they secretly hate their lives and take it out on guests? (I've seen that before...)

The staff... it's a crapshoot. Sometimes, you have the loveliest person, smiling, helpful, like they actually *like* their job. Other times... well, let's just say they've seen things. The 3 AM check-in after a delayed flight kind of things. Generally, they're fine. Efficient? Usually. Friendly? Often. Helpful? Definitely. Especially if you tip well, like I always do. (Just kidding... mostly!). But okay, I had one experience...
**Anecdote Alert:** I once arrived at 2 AM after a flight from hell (delayed, lost luggage, the whole shebang). The guy at the front desk looked like he'd wrestled a bear (again, me!), but he was *so* understanding. He got me checked in fast, even offered me a bottle of water. He was a total lifesaver. I was ready to weep with exhaustion, and he just... got it. It was a tiny act of kindness, but it made all the difference. So, yeah, it's a gamble, but generally, the staff is *decent*.

What if something goes wrong? Are they helpful when something unexpected happens?

Okay, so things go wrong. In my experience they actually are pretty helpful, and work quickly to fix issues. I've had a broken hairdryer once, or a missing towel, but they were super quick to fix it, and were really friendly about it.

Is it *worth* staying at the Astoria Inn? Compared to other airport hotels, or…sleeping on a bench?

Worth it? Absolutely, yes. Over sleeping on a bench? A thousand times YES! Look, I've slept on airport benches. Don’t do it. It's cold, it’s uncomfortable, and you’ll feel like a reject from a post-apocalyptic movie by morning. Other airport hotels? Depends. Some are nicer, but they cost a fortune. Others are... worse. The Astoria Inn is a good balance of price and practicality. It's not luxurious, it's not glamorous, but it gets the job done. It's a safe haven from the chaos of LaGuardia.

Any final tips? What should I know *before* I book?

Okay, final tips:
  • Book in advance, *especially* during peak season. Airport hotels fill up fast. Don't try to wing it. You'll regret it.
  • Read recent reviews, but take them with a grain of salt. Everyone has their own expectations.
  • Factor in traffic. Add buffer time. Always.
  • Pack earplugs (sometimes the planes can be noisy).Explore Hotels

    Astoria Inn LaGuardia Hotel New York (NY) United States

    Astoria Inn LaGuardia Hotel New York (NY) United States

    Astoria Inn LaGuardia Hotel New York (NY) United States

    Astoria Inn LaGuardia Hotel New York (NY) United States

Post a Comment for "Astoria Inn LaGuardia: NYC's BEST Airport Hotel? (You Won't Believe This!)"