Escape to Paradise: Luxury 3BR Bungalow in Wayanad's Ivory Hills

Escape to Paradise: Luxury 3BR Bungalow in Wayanad's Ivory Hills
Escape to Paradise: Wayanad's Ivory Hills Bungalow - A Messy, Honest Review (and a Plea to Book!)
Alright, folks, buckle up. I've just wrestled my way back from Escape to Paradise: Luxury 3BR Bungalow in Wayanad's Ivory Hills, and I'm here to spill the (delicious, Kerala-spiced) tea. Forget those sterile travel brochures – I'm giving you the real deal, the good, the questionable, and the utterly glorious. And, yes, I'm definitely going to try and convince you to book this place. You should. Seriously.
First, Let's Get This Boring Stuff Out of the Way (But It Matters!) - Accessibility & Safety (ugh, but necessary)
Okay, I always skip this part, but gotta be responsible. They CLAIM to have facilities for disabled guests, but I didn't fully check the nitty-gritty. So, call ahead and confirm, especially if you need guaranteed wheelchair accessible paths and all that jazz. On the bright side, they are trying to be safe with all the Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, and staff walking around like hazmat heroes and all. They were seriously on it. Hand sanitizer everywhere, individually-wrapped food options (which led to a lot of extra plastic, but hey… safety!), and the staff seemed genuinely trained in safety protocols. The doctor/nurse on call is a welcome bit of comfort. CCTV in common areas and outside the property made me feel extra secure, even though I’m not sure why I would need it?
The Elephant in the Room: Internet (Because We’re All Addicts Now, Aren't We?)
Okay, the internet. It's there. They shout about Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! which is a real positive. But let’s be real, in the wilderness, the strength can be… temperamental. In my bungalow, it was solid enough for emails and some light streaming, but don't expect to download a whole season of a show in a hot minute. Think more like a leisurely stroll through your favorite websites, not a sprint. They also have Internet [LAN] if you need to plug in your computer. Wi-Fi in public areas worked reasonably well too.
The Thrills (And a Few Spills!): Things to Do & Ways to Relax (Let’s Get to the Juicy Bits!)
This is where things get FUN. Look, Wayanad is gorgeous. Period. The bungalow is set in the Ivory Hills, which is as dramatic as it sounds.
- Pool with a View: Oh, the pool. I spent a LOT of time here. It's an outdoor swimming pool, and the VIEW. Seriously, it's like swimming in a postcard. So much fun. So worth it and I actually got a good tan!
- Spa/Sauna: This part was pure bliss. I didn’t get EVERY treatment, but they have the basics i.e., a Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage. I took one for the team and had a massage. My shoulders were a knotty mess from the long drive, and now? Buttery smooth. The Sauna was divine, a perfect way to detox after probably too much Kingfisher beer the night before.
- Fitness Center: Okay, I intended to hit the Fitness center… but the pool was just too tempting. I did peek inside and it looked decent enough, with the usual suspects. Maybe next time, I swear!
- Other stuff: They offer a Foot bath (sounds like a spa day to me), they got a Gym/fitness too.
Food, Glorious Food (and a Few Minor Gripes!)
Okay, the food. This is where things get REALLY interesting.
- The Good Stuff: The Asian breakfast was phenomenal. Absolutely phenomenal!! I'm talking fresh dosas, idlis that practically melted in my mouth, and curries that made me weep with happiness (seriously, I wanted to lick the plate). The Asian cuisine in restaurant (more of an upscale restaurant – they definitely get points.) They do serve at least a Western breakfast too with Western cuisine in restaurant.
- The 'Meh' Moments: The Poolside bar was a godsend for cold beers, especially in that heat. The Coffee shop served decent caffeine.
- Overall Dining: The A la carte in restaurant option meant more choices, which is always a good thing. They are also very accommodating, as I had an Alternative meal arrangement. I am pretty sure there is also a Vegetarian restaurant.
- Room Service & Convenience: The Room service [24-hour] made it easy to get snacks and drinks when the munchies hit at midnight (a frequent occurrence on vacation!). And they do things like Bottle of water. As a big fan of Breakfast in room, it was a nice touch.
- The Not-So-Good (But Fixable): While the main meals were great, I found myself wishing for a bit more variety, and the desserts were a little underwhelming. But hey, nobody’s perfect! The Snack bar was pretty limited, but they do have Soup in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, and Desserts in restaurant.
The Bungalow Itself (Let’s Talk About My Room!)
I had a Luxury 3BR Bungalow, and it was… well, luxurious! The first thing that blew me away was the space. Seriously, I could've hosted a small festival in that living room.
- The Creature comforts: The Air conditioning was a lifesaver in the Wayanad heat (and it worked like a charm!). The Blackout curtains were perfect for sleeping in, and the Extra long bed was a dream for a restless sleeper like me. There was a Coffee/tea maker, so I don’t need to go far for my coffee (and Complimentary tea). The Refrigerator was stocked, and there was Free bottled water, which is always a nice touch. A Desk to work with a Laptop workspace.
- Little Details - Not many: I did like the Hair dryer, felt it was a nice touch. I also love the slippers. The Slippers were comfortable.
Services and Conveniences (The Stuff That Makes Life Easier)
They genuinely try to make your stay hassle-free.
- Easy Access: Airport transfer (THANK YOU!), Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site] (again, thank you!).
- Helpful Staff: The Concierge was super helpful with booking excursions and offering recommendations. Daily housekeeping kept the place spick and span (and they did it even when I was being a messy human). The Laundry service was quick and efficient.
- Extras: I loved the Gift/souvenir shop (bought some amazing spices to bring home). The Cash withdrawal facility was handy.
Things I Didn't Use, But Are There (For the Curious)
- Kids facilities, Babysitting service.
- Business facilities
- Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings
- Shrine.
- I wasn't hosting any Seminars.
The Elephant in the Room - The Little Imperfections
Look, no place is perfect. There were a few very minor hiccups. The Wi-Fi, as mentioned, wasn’t always super-speedy. And on one occasion, the hot water took a while to kick in. But honestly? These were such tiny things that they barely registered as a blip on the radar.
The Anecdote: Falling in Love with the View (and a Slightly Wet Towel)
One morning, I woke up and just threw open the Window that opens to my room. The view was breathtaking. Fog rolling over the hills, the air crisp and clean, it was pure magic, watching the world wake up. I grabbed a towel to head to the shower, but whoops, it was still damp from the day before. It was a minor blip. But damn. That view erased all imperfections.
The Emotional Verdict: Go. Book it. Now.
I left Escape to Paradise feeling refreshed, rejuvenated, and utterly spoiled. It's a place where you can truly escape, disconnect (mostly!), and reconnect with yourself (and maybe a good book and a strong cocktail). The staff are lovely, the location is stunning, and the overall experience is unforgettable.
The Call to Action (Because I Want You To Go!):
If you're looking for a luxurious getaway in Wayanad, stop hesitating. Seriously. Book that bungalow. You deserve it. You need it. Tell them I sent you. Maybe they'll give me a free stay next time (wishful thinking!). You can't go wrong with Escape to Paradise: Luxury 3BR Bungalow in Wayanad's Ivory Hills! It's the perfect getaway.
Santorini's Enigma: Uncover the Secret Suites (Luxury Awaits!)
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your average, sterile itinerary. This is… my Ivory Hills adventure. Prepare for a wild ride.
Trip Title: Wayanad Wanderlust: Where My Soul Whispered "Get Lost" (and I Actually Listened)
Destination: Ivory Hills 3-Bedroom Bungalow, Vythiri, Wayanad, Kerala, India (aka, paradise, possibly?)
Duration: 5 Glorious, Messy Days (God help me)
Guests: Me, Myself, and I (plus a whole host of existential questions)
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Bungalow Reveal (and my crippling fear of spiders)
- Morning (or, as I like to call it, "Wake Up and Panic"): Arrive at Kozhikode Airport (CCJ). The drive to Vythiri? Oh, it’s a journey, folks. Winding roads, lush greenery…and the gnawing feeling that I might have packed way too many floral dresses. The first few hours are spent in the car. I usually get motion sickness on a bus or car ride. So, I had to take a dose of medicine to avoid vomitting and also I take a lot of breaks on the way to stop and roam around.
- Afternoon: The Bungalow Unveiled: Finally, Vythiri. The air is thick with the scent of…something amazing. And then, BAM, Ivory Hills. The pictures online? They don’t even begin to capture the magic. This place is straight out of a fairytale. Seriously, I'm expecting woodland creatures to pop out at any moment. I take a deep breath. My anxiety subsides. (A little.)
- Afternoon - Ongoing: Bungalow Reconnaissance & Settle-In: I'm now unpacking. All my clothes. My room? Glorious! The views! Oh, the views! I think I'm in love. And then I see it. A tiny, itty-bitty, spider. Nope. Nope. Nope. I have to go to each corner to see if there are spiders! This is going to be an ongoing issue. I spray every corner to prevent spiders from entering.
- Evening: The Sunset and the First Meal: The sunset from the bungalow's balcony? Breathtaking. I sit there, sipping a cup of chai (because, India), feeling a wave of gratitude wash over me. Dinner? I ordered some local Wayanad cuisine. First bite? Pure bliss. I think I'm officially converted to curry. I'm now feeling relaxed.
Day 2: Waterfalls, Tea Plantations, and Existential Dread (but like, in a good way)
- Morning: I decided to make breakfast and then head out to the waterfalls. I had a good breakfast and I was now ready.
- Morning - Ongoing: Soochipara Falls: Pack your waterproof camera, people! Soochipara Falls is a hike, which is a chance to exercise my legs after the travel, and it is rewarding. The water is freezing and pure. Splashing around, feeling the spray on my face…it's pure, unadulterated joy. I can't help but feel connected to something bigger than myself.
- Afternoon: Tea Plantations and the Art of Doing Absolutely Nothing: This is the best part. I decide to check out the tea plantations, where the air smells like heaven. Long walk, it is very relaxing and soothing. The beauty of these plantations is something else.
- Evening: Return to the Bungalow and the Struggle of Perfection: Stroll back to the bungalow. This is one of things. In the distance, I see a whole family of animals. I spend some time by the river and take several pictures. The pictures and the memories will be with me forever. I order my food and chill around the balcony.
Day 3: Edakkal Caves, Spice Gardens, and the Unexpected Joy of Losing My Way
- Morning: Edakkal Caves: Ah, the Edakkal Caves. They're not easy. It's a hike. A steep hike. I'm convinced I'm going to die of exertion. But, the views from the top, the ancient rock carvings…it's worth every single drop of sweat.
- Afternoon: Spice Garden Exploration: A spice garden! This is also a great experience. I learn about the different spices, smelling the air and feeling the heat. It’s incredible, the range of flavors, the vibrant colors, the aroma… Wow! I'm definitely going to try to recreate some of these dishes back home (wish me luck).
- Afternoon - Ongoing: The "Detour" and the Realization That Getting Lost Is Awesome I decide to just take a stroll along the forest after leaving Spice Garden. This is when I realize that I got lost. But I end up in such a beautiful place. I'm surrounded by nature, the sun through the trees. I take my time to breathe, feel the wind against my skin and smile, and I'm suddenly OK. Maybe, just maybe, getting lost isn't so bad after all.
- Evening: Dinner and Reflection: I end up having a great dinner. I was still processing the last few hours, about losing my way and how it affected me.
Day 4: Wildlife Safari and the Sudden Urge to Become a Photographer (and Possibly a Zoologist)
- Morning: Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary Safari: Today's the day of safari. I heard about the animal.
- Afternoon: Return and Relaxation: After the safari, I return to my bungalow and decide to relax. The whole night was spent relaxing and preparing the luggage.
Day 5: Departure and the Promise to Return (and Maybe Conquer My Spider Phobia)
- Morning: Goodbye, Ivory Hills: It's time to pack up and head back to the airport. I'm already feeling a pang of sadness.
- Afternoon: The Journey Back: I spend a lot of time on the road, thinking about what I witnessed.
- Evening: Back Home: Back to my world. I am ready to work on the memories I created. I can't wait to make my next plan.
Quirks, Imperfections & General Ramblings:
- The Spider Situation: Still a work in progress. I'm developing a healthy respect for all arachnids…from a very safe distance.
- Food Adventures: Let's just say I'm experimenting with spices I've never heard of. My taste buds are on an adventure of their own.
- The Language Barrier: I'm doing my best with a few basic phrases, but communication is an adventure.
- The Emotional Rollercoaster: One minute I'm euphoric, the next I'm contemplating the meaning of life. It's all part of the experience, right?
- The Lesson Learned: Sometimes, the best experiences are the ones you don't plan. The unexpected detours, the accidental discoveries…those are the memories that stick. And hey, I've got another travel plan right after this.
Okay, that's it! Wish me luck. And maybe, just maybe, I'll learn to love spiders. (Okay, probably not.)
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Stargazer Suite, Da Nang - Your Dream Getaway!
Escape to Paradise: Wayanad Bungalow FAQs (Because Let's Be Real, You Have Questions)
Okay, so "Luxury" is a strong word. Is it *actually* luxurious, or just "nice hotel room" luxurious?
Alright, let's cut the BS straight away. "Luxury" is subjective, like cilantro (you either love it or think it tastes like soap). I'd say it's *authentically* luxurious. Think less sterile hotel, more... someone's incredibly stylish and well-off aunt's really, *really* amazing holiday home. The bedrooms? Spacious and comfy, with those fluffy (and I mean *fluffy!*) towels you secretly steal from hotels. The furniture? Actually feels like it belongs in place, not like it was grabbed from a generic catalog. The view? Yeah, the view is the real deal. Wayanad's beauty, unadulterated. We're not talking gold-plated faucets, but we *are* talking "Wow, I could actually live here" kind of luxurious. I also spilled coffee on the sofa once – it survived. That’s a win in my book.
Is it easy to *actually* "escape"? Like, is it remote enough to ditch the phone and stresses?
Ugh, yes. And thank. God. Ivory Hills is genuinely off the beaten path. I mean, you *can* get cell service, but it's spotty enough that you'll be forced to, gasp, actually *talk* to the people you're with. My phone died the first day, which was both a blessing and a curse because I rely on it *way* too much. The surrounding area felt so... peaceful, like the world had decided to dial down the volume a bit. Think: birds chirping, the distant sound of a village, and the overwhelming scent of... *something* green and growing. It took me a full day to adjust and *actually* relax. The first few hours involved me twitching and checking my nonexistent emails, but by the end of the first day, I was completely, gloriously sunk into the quiet. It was like a digital detox, forced upon me by the sheer beauty of the place. Bliss!
What's the deal with that "3BR" thing? Is it a cramped space or a real, spread-out bungalow?
"Is it a cramped space?" Ha! Absolutely not. It’s proper, proper space. You could hold a small dance party in the living area, seriously. Each bedroom feels genuinely private, which is a huge win if you’re traveling with, let's say… a family. Or a group of friends who have varying levels of “morning person”-ness. I particularly loved the master bedroom, mostly because it had its own little balcony. Perfect for a sunrise coffee and dramatically staring into the distance, wondering what the heck I was doing with my life (in the most idyllic setting possible).
Food! Gotta know. Is there cooking facilities? Is it near anything edible?
Okay, the food situation. Let's be honest, for me it's critical. The bungalow has a fully equipped kitchen which is fantastic. I mean, the basics are covered, but I wouldn't recommend attempting to do all your meals. There are some local restaurants a short drive away and let me tell you there is some *amazing* food in the area. The local flavours are really something - I'm still dreaming of the appam and stew... oh man.
Ivory Hills... What's the view *really* like? Is it actually "ivory?"
Haha, "Ivory." The name? It's not literally ivory, but it's close! It's more like... a panoramic vista of rolling green hills, punctuated by the occasional splash of sunlight on the silver-tinged trees. Seriously, the first time I saw it, I actually gasped. It's the kind of view that makes you want to take a deep breath and just... *be*. You can spend hours just staring out the windows. It's the kind of view that made me want to give up city life entirely and become a hermit, a thought I had to quickly suppress. The sunsets? Epic. The sunrises? Equally epic. Just prepare to have your jaw permanently dropped. Also, the hills are green and beautiful all the time; the name is just marketing but the view is worth it.
Anything annoying? Because nothing's *perfect.*
Okay, the truth? Yeah, there *were* a couple of small hiccups. The Wi-Fi was a little patchy at times (but honestly, that was part of the charm. Forced digital detox, remember?). Oh, and one evening, a particularly persistent mosquito (maybe a small squadron?) made a personal vendetta against my ankles. Bring bug spray! And, I may or may not have locked myself out on the balcony one morning while wearing only a towel. It was embarrassing, but also, quite beautiful to experience the world like that, until someone let me back in. But honestly? Those tiny imperfections only added to the experience. They made it feel... real. It wasn't some pristine, curated experience; it was a place you could *actually* live in, even if just for a little while.
Would you *actually* go back? Or is this just you being overly enthusiastic because of the view?
Okay, real talk: I'm already plotting my return. Planning it! I legitimately miss the place. I miss the quiet. I miss the view. I miss the feeling of *actually* relaxing. And even though the mosquito incident, and the Wi-Fi frustrations, made it human, that's what really made it memorable. If I could teleport there right now, I would. Without hesitation. So, yes. Go. Just… go. And maybe pack extra bug spray. And a book. And a willingness to forget your problems and lose yourself in the beauty of it all. You won't regret it.


Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: Luxury 3BR Bungalow in Wayanad's Ivory Hills"