Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Seladah Stay: Your Kuching Twin Room Paradise Awaits!

Seladah Stay F [Twin Room with Shared Bathroom] Kuching Malaysia

Seladah Stay F [Twin Room with Shared Bathroom] Kuching Malaysia

Seladah Stay: Your Kuching Twin Room Paradise Awaits!

Seladah Stay: Kuching… Okay, Let's Spill the Tea (and Maybe Some Wine?)

Alright, let's be real. Planning a trip to Kuching? You're in for a treat! And finding a decent hotel is KEY. After wading through a swamp of generic options, I stumbled upon Seladah Stay, and… well, let's just say my Kuching adventure got a whole lot more interesting. This isn't your average bland hotel review. Buckle up, buttercups. We're diving DEEP.

First Impressions: Accessibility? Yeah, They Tried! (Mostly)

Okay, so let's rip off the band-aid. Accessibility is… a work in progress. While the website claims wheelchair accessibility, I didn't personally need it, so I can't vouch for the nitty-gritty details. Elevators are a HUGE plus (hello, weary traveler!), and facilities for disabled guests are listed, so that suggests intent. Exterior corridors are a good start for easy access. But I'm ALWAYS skeptical until I experience it firsthand, yaknow? Maybe call ahead and get a REALLY specific breakdown if accessibility is your #1 priority. But seriously, a solid effort!

Rooms: My Twin Room Turned into… A Sanctuary? (Okay, Maybe a Warm-ish Haven)

Okay, my Kuching twin room. The words “twin room” usually conjure up images of forced roommate scenarios from college. BUT! This was surprisingly… lovely. First off, air conditioning, thank GOD. Kuching is HOT. Like, “peel-off-your-face-and-re-apply-it-later” hot. The room was clean, which is always a win. I loved the blackout curtains. SLEEP IS GOLD, people. Free Wi-Fi (yesssss!), the internet access – wireless was a major plus so I could watch Netflix.

The mini bar was a treat (little expensive, but hey, convenience!). The shower was decent, the towels were fluffy. The extra long bed was a godsend after a long day of exploring. And, because I'm a creature of habit, I immediately unpacked my suitcase and settled in.

My ONLY (minor) gripe? The mirror in the bathroom could've been a little more well-lit. And the slippers were a bit…thin. But hey, I wasn't expecting a five-star luxury spa!

Cleanliness & Safety: Feeling Safe, Feeling (Mostly) Sane

Okay, top marks here. In this day and age, cleanliness and safety are PARAMOUNT. Seladah Stay seems to understand the assignment. Anti-viral cleaning products were used. Rooms sanitized between stays, thank you. Daily disinfection in common areas. They were even offering a room sanitization opt-out available-- which I thought was a nice touch, showing they trusted the customer to make the best decision for themselves. Lots of hand sanitizer stations (yay!) and the staff were VERY diligent about wearing masks. Felt safe, which is a HUGE weight off your mind.

Oh, and shoutout to the smoke alarms and fire extinguishers! A+ for preparedness. The security [24-hour] felt reassuring. Also, CCTV in common areas and outside the property adds to a safe feeling.

Dining, Drinking, & Snacking: Food-tastic (Mostly)

Alright, let’s talk about the food! The Asian cuisine was amazing--fresh, flavorful, and cheap! The restaurant’s buffet was a pleasant way to start the day. They had breakfast [buffet] in the morning, and it was the perfect thing to have before my adventures began. You can get coffee/tea in restaurant if you need to get some caffeine-y energy. I saw that they offered something like Alternative meal arrangement for anyone with allergies!

They even have a poolside bar! I didn't partake, but it was tempting on those sticky afternoons. There’s a snack bar, and coffee shop. The bottle of water was always appreciated in my room after a long day of walking. And they had room service [24-hour] which was PERFECT for those late-night cravings.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: The Spa… Sigh

Okay, this is where things got a little… complicated. Seladah Stay claims a spa. And a fitness center. And a swimming pool (outdoor, thankfully). I love to relax so this was a major draw.

The swimming pool was a major plus. It was beautiful. And after a day of sweating bullets in Kuching, a dip in the pool was heaven.

Then there was the spa. The Spa was a small, intimate space. And… Look, I'm going to be brutally honest. The massage I got was… okay. Not the best I’ve ever had, not the worst. I'd give it a 6/10. But the sauna? That was AMAZING. I spent a solid hour sweating out all my sins in that sauna. Pure bliss. They had a steamroom too, which I didn't get a chance to experience.

They're definitely not leaning into the whole "luxury spa" vibe, but hey, the sauna alone made it worthwhile. Overall, they seem to have a lot of different ways to relax!

Services & Conveniences: The Little Things Add Up!

Okay, the little things. The things that make a hotel…well, not just a place to sleep. Seladah Stay surprised me. There's air conditioning in public area (duh, Kuching!), daily housekeeping (a godsend in this heat!), concierge service (helpful for booking tours), a convenience store within reach which was great because I’m always forgetting something.

I loved the luggage storage because my flight was late, and my hotel room wasn’t available.

And the Wi-Fi for special events option is really neat as well!

Getting Around: Easy Peasy (Mostly)

Airport transfer is available, which I highly recommend. Car park [free of charge] is a major win. Parking in Kuching is… a challenge.

Staff: Friendly Faces, Smiling Service

The staff at Seladah Stay deserve a medal. They were consistently friendly, helpful, and went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable. Always smiling, always willing to help with a recommendation or sort out a minor issue. A HUGE shoutout to the front desk!

The Verdict: Is Seladah Stay Your Kuching Paradise? (Maybe!)

Look, Seladah Stay isn't perfect. It needs a little polish here and there. But for the price, the location, and the overall vibe, it’s a solid choice.

Here's the deal:

  • Book it if: You want a clean, comfortable, and reasonably priced hotel. You appreciate good service. You want a good location. You value a swimming pool and, let's be honest, a good sauna.
  • Don't book it if: You're expecting five-star luxury. You need absolute perfection in terms of accessibility. You're a spa snob (sorry, the massage is a maybe).

My Recommendation: Go for it!

SEO Keywords: Kuching Hotel, Kuching Twin Room, Seladah Stay, Kuching Accommodation, Pool, Spa, Free Wi-Fi, Sarawak Hotel, East Malaysia Hotel.

So, are you ready to make some memories, have some fun, and relax in the beautiful city of Kuching? Seladah Stay is ready to have you!

Book Now and get a FREE welcome drink at the poolside bar! (Offer available for a limited time!)

Aqaba's Sweetest Escape: Your Dream Apartment Awaits!

Book Now

Seladah Stay F [Twin Room with Shared Bathroom] Kuching Malaysia

Seladah Stay F [Twin Room with Shared Bathroom] Kuching Malaysia

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because here's the itinerary for my Kuching adventure, based out of the glorious (and potentially slightly smelly) Seladah Stay F, Twin Room with Shared Bathroom. Don't judge! Budget travel, baby! And let's be honest, I'm probably going to be winging it anyway…

Kuching Chaos: A Semi-Organized Adventure (and Probably a Lot of Sweating)

Day 1: Arrival & The Great Riverboat Debacle

  • Morning (ish - let's be real, it's probably late morning): Touchdown in Kuching! Arrive. Probably bleary-eyed from whatever weird inflight movie they showed (romantic comedy? A crime, I tell you!). Find the AirAsia shuttle, which I hope isn't as packed as a sardine can. Breathe. Malaysia. Finally.

  • Afternoon: Check into Seladah Stay F. Pray the shared bathroom isn't a biohazard. Actually, scratch that. I will be checking out the bathroom situation immediately. Assessment time. Twin room - hmmm, could be good. Could be awkward. Hoping for a roommate who doesn't snore (major dealbreaker).

  • Late Afternoon/Early Evening: Okay, time for some "cultural immersion" and by that, I mean, find some food. Head to the Kuching Waterfront. Wander around. Get distracted by the river. Decide I NEED a river cruise. Bargain. Get a ticket.

    • The Great Riverboat Debacle: This is where things, predictably, go sideways. The riverboat? Adorable. The sunset? Glorious. The commentary? …Well, it was in a foreign language. I think they were pointing out landmarks, but honestly, who knows? Halfway through, I realize I'm inexplicably on the wrong side of the boat, getting relentlessly sun-baked. Decide to make a tactical retreat, but as I'm navigating a particularly crowded deck, I accidentally (and spectacularly) spill someone's entire, freshly-bought plate of noodles. Mortification level: TEN. Apologize profusely, wave a ten-ringgit note at the guy (who actually seemed pretty amused). Karma, you tricky wench!
    • Finding Food After Disaster: After the riverboat debacle, search for food, which proves surprisingly challenging after my impromptu noodle shower. Eventually, find a tiny, bustling hawker stall. Order something vaguely resembling chicken and rice. It's delicious. Crisis averted.
    • Evening: Stumble back to Seladah Stay F, collapse on the bed, and try to remember what day it is. Reflect on my spectacular clumsiness.

Day 2: Monkeys, Markets, and the Mystery of the Missing Shoe

  • Morning: Okay, time to be "active." Research tells me Semenggoh Wildlife Centre is a thing. Gotta see some orangutans. Take the bus, try not to get motion sickness.

    • Semenggoh Spectacle: The orangutans! They were magnificent! Climbed trees like furry acrobats. The whole place feels so… peaceful. It was a truly moving experience. I almost cried (don't judge).
    • Bus Adventures: On the bus ride back, I swear I heard someone muttering in Hokkien about a rogue tourist. I'm pretty sure it was directed at me. I'm choosing to ignore it.
  • Afternoon: Explore the Kuching Central Market. Let the senses explode! Try all the questionable-looking fruit (Durian? Maybe not). Smell the spices, get incredibly lost. Haggle! (I'm terrible at it, but I try).

    • The Mystery of the Missing Shoe: This is where things take a turn for the weird. As I'm haggling (badly) for a batik scarf, I realize my left shoe is… gone. Vanished. Swallowed by the market gods. Panic! Backtrack. Search frantically. Nothing. Did a rogue monkey steal it? Was it a test to see if I'm worthy of Kuching? I'll never know. Decide to replace it. Find a passable pair for a few ringgits. Learn to love the uneven gait and the slightly mismatched footwear. Kuching, you win.
  • Evening: Dinner at a recommended seafood restaurant. Splurge on some prawns. They're huge! Maybe a little much. Maybe I should have eaten the street food.

    • Nightlife? Walk around. Feel a sense of loneliness. No, nothing about nightclubs.

Day 3: Culture Shock & Culinary Chaos

  • Morning: Visit the Sarawak Museum. Attempt to absorb some history. Admire the traditional Iban longhouses. Marvel at the resilience of the human spirit.

    • Culture Clash Confusion: In a moment of misguided enthusiasm, attempt to wear a traditional headscarf I bought at the market. Look in the mirror. Realize I look like a particularly confused tourist. Rip it off in shame.
  • Afternoon: Cooking class! Finally learn to make some authentic Sarawak Laksa (hopefully without exploding anything).

    • Culinary Chaos: The cooking class. It was intense. Chopping, stirring, sweating… the aroma of curry paste clung to me like a second skin. I managed to make the Laksa (surprisingly edible!). My face was covered in oil. I'm not sure how.
  • Evening: Wander along the riverfront. Reflective. Maybe I should change. The food, culture shock, and missing shoe will take time to sink in

    • Final Thoughts: Kuching is weird, wonderful, and completely unpredictable. I am exhausted. I am probably sunburnt. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
    • Night: Pack. Regret not buying that Durian. Wonder if I'll ever find my left shoe. Probably not.

Important Notes (and Disclaimers)

  • Bathroom Situation: Pray for sanitation. Bring hand sanitizer. Lots of it.
  • Pacing: This itinerary is more of a suggestion. Don't be afraid to ditch it, get lost, and embrace the chaos.
  • Food Snobbery: Resist the urge to be a food snob. Try everything. Even if it looks slightly terrifying.
  • Expectations: Kuching is not Disneyland. It's real life. It might smell, it might be hot, it might be frustrating, but it will also be amazing. Just breathe and roll with it.

And remember, this is my Kuching adventure. Your experience? It will probably be completely different. And that's the point! Go get lost, get messy, and have a blast. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go shower off the Laksa smell…

Unveiling Lumbini's Hidden Gem: The Hokke Hotel Experience

Book Now

Seladah Stay F [Twin Room with Shared Bathroom] Kuching Malaysia

Seladah Stay F [Twin Room with Shared Bathroom] Kuching Malaysia

Seladah Stay: Your Kuching Twin Room Paradise Awaits! (Maybe...)

Okay, so Seladah Stay... is it actually as amazing as the pictures make it look? Be honest!

Alright, alright, let's be real. The pictures? They *do* have a certain... filtered charm. Listen, I've been to Seladah Stay. Twice. First time? Glorious. Sunrise streaming through the curtains, birds chirping, and a perfect, fluffy pillow just *begging* for a nap. Second time? Let's just say the bird had an existential crisis at 5 AM, and the air conditioner sounded like a dying walrus. So, answer? Sometimes. It's a gamble, like life itself, really. The potential for paradise is definitely there, but pack earplugs and a healthy dose of optimism. You'll need it. Seriously, the walls are thin... you'll hear *everything*.

What's the deal with those twin rooms? What are they *really* like?

The twin rooms... *ah, the twin rooms.* Okay, so, imagine two beds. Generally, decent beds. Not the kind that swallow you whole, but not the luxury-hotel kind either. Somewhere in between. Plenty of space, usually. And the *location*! That's what gets you, you know? Close to everything! The market with the durians (the smell alone is an experience, let me tell you), the waterfront... you could wander around Kuching for hours… and you probably will. My first time there, I swear I spent an hour just staring at the ceiling fan, convinced it was going to fall and decapitate me. It didn't, thankfully.

But here's the thing: It's not a Ritz-Carlton. It’s a Kuching budget hotel. Expect… functional. Expect a bathroom that’s seen better days (but hey, the water *works*, which is a bonus in Kuching, right? Trust me). Expect… well, expect a bit of wear and tear. But don’t let that deter you. It's part of the charm, I think. Or maybe it's just my low standards. Either way, it's a great location to start your adventure!

Is the location really that good? I mean, I've seen it on a map...

Location, location, location! If you're a foodie (and you *should* be in Kuching), Seladah Stay is practically spitting distance from a ton of amazing street food. Seriously, you can roll out of bed, wobble down a few steps, and BAM! Char Kway Teow heaven. I gained five pounds on my last trip, and I blame (and thank) the nearby hawker stalls. Walking distance to everything important and worth going to. The waterfront is a short stroll away, the Sarawak River is majestic, which is also a perfect way of explaining why it's a good stay: it gives you access to a great city!

What about the breakfast? Is it worth waking up for?

Breakfast... okay, so, the breakfast. It's... included. That much is true. Don't expect a Michelin-starred experience. Think more along the lines of "toast, eggs, and maybe some sad-looking fruit." (Sometimes, though, they put out the best fried rice, I swear!) It's sufficient to get you going, but if you're a breakfast connoisseur, maybe bring some of your own goodies. Or hit up that street food I mentioned. Honestly, the street food is the real breakfast of champions in Kuching. The breakfast at the hotel is a bit… *blah*. Let's be honest. I once tried to eat the watermelon that was offered, and it was as if it had seen better days... much better days. So yeah, skip the breakfast. You'll thank me.

Are the staff friendly? I’ve had some… *interesting* experiences.

The staff? Generally lovely. They're mostly pretty helpful and friendly. They're busy too, of course, so don't expect constant hand-holding. But in my experience, they're always willing to help. Just don't ask them about the air conditioning at 3 AM. Trust me. They probably can't fix it anyway, just like I can't fix my own problems, but they seem to understand. They're probably just as used to the noisy air conditioning as the birds. They are the friendly embodiment of Kuching hospitality, even though sometimes they’re just as tired as the hotel itself.

Anything I *shouldn't* expect from Seladah Stay?

Don't expect a five-star experience. Don't expect soundproof walls (seriously). Don't expect perfect cleanliness (although they do try). Don't expect a gym. Don't expect a swimming pool (though the Sarawak River... well, maybe not). Most importantly, don't expect perfection. It's not about perfection. It’s about the memories you'll make. It's about the hawker stalls, the friendly locals, the vibrant culture... and yes, the occasional malfunctioning air conditioner. Embrace the imperfections, people! That's where the real stories are! And maybe bring some earplugs. Seriously, you'll thank me.

Okay, you've convinced me. What's the *one thing* I absolutely *must* do while staying at Seladah Stay?

One thing? Okay, this is tough. It’s like asking me to pick my favorite child (if I had any… which I don’t). Alright, here’s the deal. Forget the fancy tours, the Instagram-worthy selfies… just… walk around. Wander. Get lost. Kuching is an amazing city to just *wander* in. The markets are chaotic and wonderful. The waterfront buzzes with life. The food… *oh, the food*. Do that. And on your way back, stop at that little stall down the street that sells the *best* chicken rice in the world. Because trust me, you'll need something to look forward to after the air conditioning wakes you up at 3 AM.

Is parking available? And if so, is it a nightmare?

Parking… Ah, parking. In Kuching, it’s an adventure. At Seladah Stay? Well, they *do* have parking. It's... available. Let's just say, don't expect a spacious, well-lit, easy-to-maneuver parking lot. It's more like a tight squeeze, sometimes with a guard dog (just kidding... maybe). It’s probably best to leave your rental car a few blocks away on the street and take a walk. Saves you the headache. I mean, you're in Kuching for the adventure, right? Consider it an experience. A slightly stressful, potentially paint-scratching experience. So, yes parking is available, but plan accordingly and pack your patience. You’ll need it.

Delightful Hotels

Seladah Stay F [Twin Room with Shared Bathroom] Kuching Malaysia

Seladah Stay F [Twin Room with Shared Bathroom] Kuching Malaysia

Seladah Stay F [Twin Room with Shared Bathroom] Kuching Malaysia

Seladah Stay F [Twin Room with Shared Bathroom] Kuching Malaysia

Post a Comment for "Seladah Stay: Your Kuching Twin Room Paradise Awaits!"