Romblon Paradise: 3P Beach Resort's Unbelievable Dive & Relaxation!

Romblon Paradise: 3P Beach Resort's Unbelievable Dive & Relaxation!
Romblon Paradise: 3P Beach Resort - Or, How I Found My Zen (Eventually) & Why You Should Probably Book NOW (Seriously)
Okay, so I've just gotten back from Romblon Paradise: 3P Beach Resort, and honestly? My brain is still vibing on island time. I'm talking full-on, that sun-kissed beached-whale-level chill. And you probably need some of that in your life too. Let's unpack this, yeah? Because it wasn't all sunshine and cocktails at first, but trust me, it ended that way.
Getting There & Settling In: The Accessibility Angle (and My Stumbling Start)
Firstly, for those of you concerned about accessibility, the resort scores fairly well. The entrance isn't a sheer cliff face (which, honestly, is a win in itself!). There's an elevator, and while I didn’t personally need to utilize the "Facilities for disabled guests," the presence of the elevator and ramps gives accessibility a huge bonus. While I didn't have any serious mobility issues myself, I appreciated knowing the space was thoughtfully designed, and I can totally see how this would open the vacation for someone with different needs.
The airport transfer was smooth – important after a long flight. They're very organized with coordinating transport. This is particularly crucial since this is probably the only thing that can take care of you after your travel.
Now, about my arrival. Let's just say I'm not always the picture of composure. I'd booked the trip online, feeling all smug about my "expert" planning. But when I arrived and tried to check in, I realized I'd forgotten to… well, remember my booking number. Cue internal panic. I looked like a lost tourist which I was. But the 24-hour front desk staff were absolute angels. They were patient, helpful, and got me sorted quickly. That first air-conditioned lobby felt like a miracle after the journey (and the minor freak-out). Contactless check-in/out was a godsend (especially when you're still scrambling for your booking info!), but again, they also offer a more personal experience with the check-in/out [private] option, for a more relaxed experience (which I would have used had the first experience been less hectic.)
Rooms: My Own Personal Oasis (and the Unexpected Blackout Curtain Drama)
My room? Wow. The air conditioning was divine. Seriously, a life-saver. I had a high floor room, and the views were breathtaking every morning and evening. A private balcony with a beautiful view of the sea…I mean, you can’t beat that. The free Wi-Fi in my room was a necessity, I'll admit that I’m addicted to the internet. But it was also perfect for, you know, actually working. The complimentary tea and free bottled water were thoughtful touches. (I always need tea!) The blackout curtains were essential because the sun here, is bright. But they were too effective. The first morning, I slept right through my alarm. Oops. That said, a wake-up service is available which I did use that second day!
I should add, there's a bunch of other stuff in the room, like a desk if you actually need to work (ahem…), an in-room safe box (important for peace of mind), and a refrigerator (for sneaky midnight snacks). My room had slippers, bathrobes, and toiletries (but I, personally, always bring my own shampoo). The bathroom phone was a confusing feature, because who uses a bathroom phone?
Pro Tip: Book a room with a window that opens. Trust me. Breathe in that fresh sea air!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: My Food Odyssey (and the Missing Mangoes)
Alright, let's talk about the food. Because, let's be honest, a trip is mostly about the food. I was obsessed with the Asian breakfast. It was heaven on a plate every morning! They had a buffet in the restaurant and were pretty generous, and you could also order breakfast in the room (which I might have taken advantage of on a particularly lazy morning). There was a great selection of Western options, too.
The restaurants themselves were great. I particularly loved the sunset-facing one for the Happy Hour. I may or may not have become very friendly with the bartender… The poolside bar was also a winner, perfect for those afternoon cocktails (and I definitely took advantage). The A la carte in the restaurant option was perfect to try different dishes. I also appreciate the bottle of water and the coffee/tea in the restaurant.
The food Sanitized kitchen and tableware items and Dining setup with safe were important but they were never the main thing.
However, I must confess to a minor disappointment. I was desperate for fresh mangoes. I'd heard tales of Romblon mangoes! But they were sadly out of season. A minor tragedy, I tell you.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Diving Into Bliss (and Finding My Inner Chill)
Okay, THIS is where Romblon Paradise truly shines. And this is where I found my happy place.
The Diving is Unbelievable. Seriously. I'm not a hardcore diver, but I've done a bit. The reefs here are stunning. The visibility is crystal clear. The marine life… well, let's just say I saw more in a single dive than I’ve seen in years! There's professional dive operators on site, they teach it well to those like me. If you are certified by the PADI or SSI that’s great too; if not, there are beginner courses available, offering the entire experience.
Now, after all the diving, or even if you just want to unwind, the resort offers plenty of ways to relax. The spa is a must-do. I spent a gloriously lazy afternoon having a massage. Pure bliss. They have things like body scrubs and body wraps too. I didn’t try either, but I totally plan on it next time
The swimming pools are beautiful. They have an outdoor swimming pool. They also have a pool with a view, and I just loved swimming between dips, and the views are exceptional. The sauna and steam room are available as well.
They also offer a fitness center, though honestly, after the diving and the cocktails, my fitness was, let's say, taking a backseat. The foot bath was, however, a delightful little indulgence.
Cleanliness and Safety: Peace of Mind (and a Quick Sanitary Shout-Out)
Look, in our post-pandemic world, this stuff matters. And Romblon Paradise takes it seriously. The Staff trained in safety protocol, hand sanitizer was everywhere, and the Daily disinfection in common areas and rooms sanitized between stays were reassuring. They also had anti-viral cleaning products. They even offer room sanitization opt-out available for those who prefer it.
Services and Conveniences: Like Having a Fairy Godmother (But with Wi-Fi)
The little things matter, and Romblon Paradise nails them. The 24-hour front desk is a lifesaver. The daily housekeeping was impeccable. The laundry service was a necessity (beach vacations get messy!). Cash withdrawal and currency exchange made life easy. They even had a convenience store!
They also have a few other services, like food delivery option, a gift/souvenir shop (which I may have slightly overused), and they do dry cleaning and ironing service for those unfortunate enough to need it.
Specifically for the kids
While I wasn't traveling with kids, I did notice the resort is very family-friendly. They have Babysitting service,. There are Kids facilities, and a Kids meal as well. So if you have a family, you’re good too!
Internet & Wi-Fi: My Digital Lifeline!
The Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! was a HUGE plus. I was able to stay connected with the world, even though I really didn’t want to. They also boast Wi-Fi in public areas, and even have Wi-Fi for special events.
Other Stuff… The Quirky Bits & the Personal Touches
The soundproof rooms were a godsend, perfect after a long day. The non-smoking rooms were available. I also loved the terrace and the various exterior corridor options.
They also have a Safety/security feature, with CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property.
They appear to have Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site] for guests that use their car.
Also, they have some facilities for disabled guests, and **proposal spot
Uncover Gyeongju's Secrets: A Journey Through Ancient Janggyeongju!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your sanitized, brochure-perfect itinerary. This is the real Romblon experience, warts and all, courtesy of yours truly, fresh off an emotional rollercoaster I'm calling "The Three P's & Me."
The Three P Beach Resort & Dive Center: A Messy, Wonderful Romblon Romp
Day 1: Arrival & Immediate Panic (and the MOST Glorious Sunset)
8:00 AM: My plane lands in Caticlan. Already feeling the existential dread of "Did I pack enough sunscreen?" and the thrill of… adventure? (Mostly dread, actually).
9:00 AM: The ferry to Romblon Island departs. I have visions of seasickness. I pop a Dramamine. Thank God. I start my journey.
1:00 PM: Arrive in Romblon town. The tricycle ride to the resort is…well, let's just say it's a bumpy, wind-in-my-hair (literally) introduction to the island. I swear, I nearly flew out on a particularly enthusiastic pothole. My luggage, a valiant survivor, is miraculously intact.
1:30 PM: Check-in at The Three P's. The staff are ridiculously friendly, and I'm immediately given a welcome drink (some fruity concoction that tasted suspiciously like pineapple juice and freedom). The view from my beachfront bungalow? Jaw-dropping. Turquoise water…white sand…palm trees swaying…Okay, maybe, just maybe, I can survive this trip.
2:00 PM: Unpack. Or attempt to. Somehow, I manage to leave half my stuff in the backpack. That's future-me's problem, though!
2:30 PM: Lunch! I order the grilled fish. So good! I'm already addicted to the food. I want more. I need more!
4:00 PM: A little stroll around the resort. I discover the "Chill Out" zone. I immediately chill out.
6:00 PM: The Sunset. Oh. My. GOD.. Seriously, you guys, I've seen sunsets, I like sunsets, but this… this was a religious experience. The sky was a canvas of fiery oranges, pinks, and purples. I seriously considered just living there forever. Took approximately 500 photos (most blurry). Ate dinner, completely content. Fell asleep grinning like an idiot.
Day 2: Dive, Dive, Dive! (And Mild Anxiety)
- 7:00 AM: Wake up to the sound of a rooster (the island's unofficial alarm clock). Coffee is a must.
- 8:00 AM: Scuba Diving! I'm a certified diver, but diving after a long hiatus always makes me slightly nervous. I'm convinced I will forget everything. I'm convinced I will run out of air. I'm convinced I'll somehow swim to China.
- 8:30 AM: Dive briefing. The divemaster, a guy named Leo with a smile that could melt glaciers, patiently explains the plan. I'm still worried, but Leo's infectious enthusiasm is… helpful.
- 9:30 AM: Boat ride to the dive site. The water's crystal clear. I start to get excited.
- 10:00 AM: DIVE TIME! The initial descent? A bit clunky. My ears are screaming. I nearly panicked. But then…the coral reefs. Unreal. Schools of fish in every color imaginable. Giant clams. Sea turtles! I even saw a tiny seahorse (nearly cried from joy). The anxiety melted away, replaced by pure, unadulterated wonder.
- 11:00 AM: Surface. Soaked, exhilarated, and feeling like I could conquer the world (or at least a really big plate of adobo).
- 12:00 PM: Lunch at the resort. Still thinking about the underwater magic.
- 1:00 PM: Another dive! This time, though, I felt like a pro!
- 3:00 PM: Nap. Exhaustion is a beautiful thing.
- 5:00 PM: Happy hour! (Because, why not?) Met some awesome fellow travelers. Started scheming to move to Romblon permanently.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. More grilled fish. More happiness.
Day 3: Island Exploration & Slightly Bad Karaoke (and a Minor Crush)
- 8:00 AM: Rent a scooter (scooter is an understatement, more like a really old, temperamental two-wheeled beast). Prepare for an adventure.
- 9:00 AM: Head to the town to buy snacks. I got lost. I asked a local for help. He pointed me in the right direction, and gave me a big smile.
- 10:00 AM: Visit the Saint Joseph Cathedral, admire the beautiful marble. Romblon is famous for its marble, and the cathedral is a testament to its beauty.
- 11:00 AM: Drive to Bonbon Beach. The sand bar is a little less impressive than I imagined it to be.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch.
- 1:00 PM: Back to the resort!
- 5:00 PM: Karaoke night at the resort. This is where things get… interesting. After a few too many Rum Cokes, I'm peer-pressured into getting on stage. My rendition of "Bohemian Rhapsody"? Let's just say it was… enthusiastic. I butchered every single note. I lost a bit of my voice. But it was legendary. In my head, at least.
- 8:00 PM: Dinner and a quiet, self-inflicted contemplation on the state of my, uh, voice.
Day 4: Relaxation, Realizations, and Reluctant Departure
- 9:00 AM: Late start. Sleep in!
- 10:00 AM: Breakfast on the beach.
- 11:00 AM: Swim, swim, swim.
- 12:00 PM: Chat with some of the resort staff. They are seriously some of the nicest people.
- 1:00 PM: Packed my bags.
- 2:00 PM: One last gaze at the ocean. I am genuinely sad to leave. This little island, this messy, imperfect, beautiful island has gotten under my skin.
- 3:00 PM: The ferry to Caticlan. I watch Romblon recede into the distance. I make a promise to return.
The Verdict:
The Three P's and Romblon? Absolutely. If you're looking for a polished, perfect vacation, this isn't it. But if you're looking for genuine warmth, breathtaking beauty, unforgettable experiences, and a little bit of chaos, you've found your paradise.
Recommendations:
- Bring lots of sunscreen (you've been warned).
- Embrace the "island time" mentality.
- Be prepared to meet some amazing people.
- Don't be afraid to get a little messy.
And maybe, just maybe, skip the karaoke. Unless you really like making a spectacle of yourself. (I, uh, can't speak for you).
Tokyo's Hidden Gem: Luxurious Tsukiji/Ginza Studio Awaits!
Romblon Paradise: 3P Beach Resort – FAQ (Because Let's Be Real, You Have Questions… and So Do I!)
Okay, so is 3P Beach Resort REALLY as good as the pictures? Because, come on, Instagram lies.
Okay, deep breath. YES. And no. Here's the REAL deal: the photos are gorgeous. Sun-drenched beaches, crystal-clear water, and perfectly tanned people. But the experience is...more. Let's be honest, the sand isn't ALWAYS blindingly white (sometimes it’s got a few…organic additions, shall we say? 😅). And those perfectly posed couples? They’re probably fighting about who’s hogging the hammock. But the sunsets? The SUNSETS are the real deal. They’re the kind that steal your breath and make you forget about that tiny, irritating mosquito bite. Seriously, I spent like, a whole afternoon just staring at the sky and thinking "Woah." You know what I mean?
Diving: Beginner-friendly? Because I can barely swim.
Listen, I practically *drowned* in a kiddie pool as a kid. Diving? Seemed about as likely as me winning the lottery. But the instructors at 3P are AMAZING. They're patient, they're funny, and they make you feel safe even when you're convinced you’re about to become shark food. They'll hold your hand, literally (and figuratively!). They take it SLOW. I actually did a discovery dive, and the feeling of weightlessness, the silence... it was something else. I saw a sea turtle! Okay, I might have almost peed my wetsuit with excitement. But the point is, even if you're a klutz like me, you can do it. And the coral reefs are like, a thousand times better than anything you see in a documentary. Seriously, go. Just go.
What about the food? I'm a picky eater. Will I starve?
Okay, this is important. The food is... Filipino food. Which, for me, is usually a win, but let's get real. If you're craving gourmet Michelin-starred cuisine, you're in the wrong place. Think fresh seafood (seriously, the grilled fish is divine), lots of rice (because…Philippines!), and a variety of dishes. There's a restaurant at the resort, and sometimes they have buffets, which are great for trying new things. The breakfast is pretty simple—eggs, toast, maybe some fruit. The coffee? Okay, the coffee could be better. But honestly, after a day of diving or swimming, you'll eat *anything*. And the fresh mango shakes? They’re a little piece of heaven. Just be prepared to embrace the local flavors, okay? And maybe pack some snacks if you're REALLY picky. I’m just saying…
Tell me about the rooms. Are they luxurious?
Luxury? Nah. Charming? Absolutely. Think simple, comfortable, and clean. The rooms are beachfront, so you'll fall asleep to the sound of the waves. That alone is worth the price of admission, believe me. The vibe is relaxed - not stuffy. My room had a balcony overlooking the ocean. And…oh god! I remember one night I spent like, a few hours on the balcony with a book and a beer, just listening to the ocean. It was one of the most peaceful, amazing nights of my life. The bathroom situation is… fine. Nothing fancy. Hot water can be a little inconsistent, but hey, you're on a tropical island! Embrace the imperfections. Besides, who needs a five-star hotel when you have a beach right outside your door? Though, to be completely honest, a better shower *would* be nice.
How do I get there? It seems remote.
Okay, this is where it gets a bit…adventurous. You'll need to fly into Manila or Cebu and then take a flight or ferry to Romblon Island. From the island port you'll take a trike or van to the resort. The journey is part of the experience, truly. The ferry can be a bit…rough. Prepare yourself. Bring Dramamine if you are prone to seasickness. But trust me, the effort is WORTH IT. The anticipation builds, and when you finally arrive at 3P…it's like stepping into a postcard. I almost didn't make my flight. I was a complete mess. Did I mention I'm not a fan of traveling?
What's there to do besides diving and relaxing? I get bored easily.
Relaxing is the main event, let's be honest. But Romblon has other stuff. You can go snorkeling (even if you're not a certified diver), island hop, visit a waterfall, rent a scooter and explore the island (which I highly recommend – just watch out for the potholes!). Or, you can just…do nothing. Seriously. Find a hammock, grab a book, and let the world melt away. The slower pace of life is one of the best things about it! At first, I was antsy, I'll admit. But then, I just…let go. And it was absolutely freeing.
Are there mosquitoes? Because those little vampires love me.
Yes. There are mosquitoes. They are hungry. Bring bug spray. Seriously. Don’t be a hero. Cover yourself in the stuff. And if you're particularly tasty (like me), be prepared for a few bites. They're not the end of the world, but they're annoying. Also, there may be some sand flies. They’re even more irritating. Just… prepare for them. I got like, a billion bites on my first night. I looked like I had measles, it was awful. I swore I would never go back, but then, the next day, I was back in the water. It's that kind of place.
What's the best time to go?
Dry season is generally best, which is roughly November to May. But honestly, any time is good. The weather in the Philippines is unpredictable, so just be prepared for some rain. I went during the shoulder season (April) and got a mix of sunshine and showers. The crowds were smaller, which was a bonus! Although, one day it literally rained so hard, I thought the roof of my room was going to cave in. But the next day? Perfect sunshine. It is what it is. Just take it as it comes.
Is it expensive?
Compared to, say, a luxury resort in the Maldives? No. It's pretty affordable, especially consideringHotels With Kitchenettes


Post a Comment for "Romblon Paradise: 3P Beach Resort's Unbelievable Dive & Relaxation!"