Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Escape to Paradise: Bali of Liwa Lagoon & Beach Resort Awaits!

BALI OF LIWA LAGOON & BEACH RESORT San Felipe Philippines

BALI OF LIWA LAGOON & BEACH RESORT San Felipe Philippines

Escape to Paradise: Bali of Liwa Lagoon & Beach Resort Awaits!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the messy, glorious, potentially sunburned reality of "Escape to Paradise: Bali of Liwa Lagoon & Beach Resort Awaits!" This isn't your standard, dry-as-sand review. This is real. This is what happens when a travel enthusiast (that's me!) encounters a slice of supposed heaven. And let me tell you, paradise? It’s complicated. But oh-so-worth-it.

SEO-Friendly Keywords (because we gotta): Bali Resort, Liwa Lagoon, Beach Resort, Accessible Bali, Wheelchair Accessible Resort Bali, Bali Spa, Bali Swimming Pool, Bali Family Resort, Bali Honeymoon, Bali All-Inclusive, Bali Accommodation, Bali Things to Do, Bali Food, Bali WiFi, Bali Luxury, Bali Vacation.

First Impressions (and a bit of a stumble):

Okay, so "Paradise Awaits!" - bold statement, right? The website photos? Gorgeous. The promises? Enticing. The reality?…well, it’s a mixed bag, wouldn’t you say? Landing in Bali is a sensory overload. The heat hits you like a wall, the scent of frangipani hangs in the air (usually mixed with something delightfully less fragrant, like exhaust fumes), and the sheer buzz of everything is incredible. The airport transfer they arranged was smooth, thankfully. Getting to the Liwa Lagoon, however? Felt like a minor odyssey. Don't get me wrong, the scenery is breathtaking – verdant rice paddies, cheeky monkeys playing roadside, the works. But the roads…let's just say my internal organs got a bit of a jostling. (Getting Around: Airport Transfer is a plus, but maybe consider a motion sickness remedy.)

Accessibility – A Critical Look (and a hopeful sigh):

Right, accessibility. This is where things get interesting. The website claimed to be accommodating, but you know how it is, right? "Wheelchair accessible" is a phrase that can mean wildly different things depending on who's using it.

  • Accessibility: They do have elevators, and some of the public areas are well-designed. (Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests) However, I saw areas where the ramps were a little…steep. And the beach access…well, let's just say a beach wheelchair would be a serious advantage. I did see a couple with mobility challenges navigating the resort, so that was encouraging.
  • On-site accessible restaurants / lounges: I'll have to check specific restaurant or bar, but I was able to use them. (Restaurants, Bar, Poolside bar)
  • Rooms: There were certainly rooms advertised as accessible and I had a room on the ground floor, which was fantastic. (Rooms with ground floor access)
  • Overall: It's not absolutely perfect, but it's certainly trying. I'd definitely advise contacting the resort directly before booking to clarify your specific needs. The staff seemed genuinely eager to help and accommodating.

Cleanliness and Safety – The New Normal (and a small panic attack):

Let's face it, 2024 is all about clean, right? I'm already washing my hands constantly.

  • Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment: They clearly take this seriously. The commitment to hygiene was noticeable. Hand sanitiser stations everywhere, staff wearing masks (and actually wearing them properly!), and the constant cleaning. Gave me slight anxiety, but at least I felt safe. (The details matter and this resort seems to get them!)

  • Rooms: Honestly, the room itself was spotless. They clearly take the room sanitization seriously.

  • Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private]: Got to love a contactless check-in/out, it means I don't have to engage in any awkward social situations.

  • Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Fire extinguisher, CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property: I felt incredibly safe, and I always appreciate feeling that way.

The Rooms – My Little Slice of… Almost Perfection:

Okay, this is where things got really good, and where that "Paradise" promise started ringing true.

  • Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathrooms phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. My room? Spacious, clean, and beautifully appointed. The bed was like sinking into a cloud (extra long…yes!), the air conditioning worked like a dream, and the blackout curtains were essential for a good night's sleep after a long day of gawking at sunsets. Small rant, but the TV selection was pretty pathetic, but that's what phones are for, I guess. (There are so many things to make you feel comfortable here, it makes me smile.)
  • Soundproof rooms: bliss! Quiet, peaceful, and no noise from any other rooms.

Food, Glorious Food: A Culinary Adventure (with a few hiccups):

OMG. Bali food is an experience. And Liwa Lagoon? They mostly nail it.

  • Dining, drinking, and snacking: A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant. Breakfast was a buffet extravaganza – fresh fruit, pancakes, omelets made to order… I may have overindulged a little. (Breakfast Buffet)

  • Room service: I ordered a late-night nasi goreng (fried rice), which was divine. 24-hour room service is a blessing, let's be honest.

  • A la carte in restaurant/Restaurants/Poolside bar: The restaurants offered a good variety of both Asian and international cuisine. The poolside bar was a lifesaver for afternoon cocktails (especially during Happy Hour!)

  • Vegetarian Restaurant: I'm going to say from the available options, there were plenty of vegetarian dishes available.

A Minor Culinary Crisis (and a lesson in "go with the flow"):

One slight snag: The first night, my (admittedly ambitious) order of grilled lobster arrived… well, less than grilled. It was a bit…raw. I gently pointed out the issue, the staff was incredibly apologetic, and a perfectly cooked replacement arrived within minutes. See? Mistakes happen. It's how they're handled that matters. (Communication is key in paradise!) And honestly, the lobster that did get cooked? Worth the wait.

Things to Do (and Ways to Not Do Anything):

Okay, time to chill out, or get busy – your call.

  • Things to do, ways to relax: Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]. The spa is a MUST. I had the most incredible Balinese massage. My muscles have never been this relaxed. Then, it was time to stare at the landscape from a pool with a view. (Massage! Pool!)

  • Swimming pool: I practically lived in the pool. It even had a swim-up bar.

  • Fitness center: I took one look at the gym and decided that "relaxing by the pool" was a perfectly valid form of exercise.

  • Couple's room, Proposal spot: I saw couples having a great time, and there were many secret hideaways if you were planning something special.

Internet Access – The Modern Necessity (and a Test of Patience):

  • Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Yes, there is Wi-Fi. Free Wi-Fi. In the rooms! Hallelujah! It was generally reliable, but sometimes the connection was a bit…slow. Especially when everyone was trying to post their sunset pics on Instagram. Hey, it's Bali, not New York City. Embrace the slowness. **(Free Wi-Fi in rooms
Corfu's Hidden Gem: Stunning Old Port Studio Escape!

Book Now

BALI OF LIWA LAGOON & BEACH RESORT San Felipe Philippines

BALI OF LIWA LAGOON & BEACH RESORT San Felipe Philippines

Alright, buckle up buttercups! This isn't your polished brochure schedule. This is the REAL Bali of Liwa Lagoon & Beach Resort itinerary, complete with my (slightly unhinged) commentary. Prepare for potential sunburn, questionable food choices, and a whole lotta love for the Philippines.

Day 1: Arrival, Anticipation, and a Near-Disaster with a Mango

  • Morning (Oh, the Arrival!): Landed in Manila. Ugh, Manila traffic. But hey, at least that air conditioning blasted a welcome relief. After 2 hour, finally arrived at Liwa. That drive? Let's just say my butt cheeks have gotten to know the seat of that van very intimately.
  • Afternoon (Checking In and the Promise of Paradise): Check-in was smoother than I expected, praise the travel gods! The lobby is all breezy white fabric and ocean sounds. My room? Okay, it's not the Instagram-perfect villa, but the view…holy moly. Right there in the heart of the place, I feel it, everything is okay. I'm at the beach, the air is soft and, the wind, it's coming, promising a nice afternoon.
  • Early Evening (Mango Mayhem and Sunset Bliss): So, I grabbed a mango from the room’s fruit basket (freebie!) and tried to eat it like a civilized person. Nope. Juice everywhere. My hands, my shirt, my face – it was a Picasso painting of sticky mango carnage. I decided I will wash it in the beach. Right after I did that, I went to the beach and watched the sunset – it was breathtaking. The sky exploded with color, and for a moment, I forgot about the mango. Pure, unadulterated bliss. Worth the sticky mess, I swear.
  • Evening (Dinner & The “First Time” Dilemma): The restaurant. I ordered grilled seafood, because, well, seaside, right? I was told that it was a good food to try. It tasted… well it wasn’t the best, but it was a fine experience to have. After that, finally found a way to the bar. Had a few cocktails, and tried to mingle with the other tourist. Tried, with emphasis.

Day 2: Surf, Sand, and a Serious Case of FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out)

  • Morning (Wake Up & Surf's Up?): Woke up, saw the ocean view, and thought, "Today, I conquer the waves!" I did not conquer the waves. I mostly swallowed seawater, and felt like a beached whale. The surf instructors, bless their patient souls, tried, and I definitely improved from flailing wildly.
  • Afternoon (Beach Time, Sunburn Time): After the surfing session, I spent time at the beach. I did a few jumps and flips. I tried to get myself more familiar with the water. The Sun was intense. I fell asleep and got a nasty sunburn. Stupid me!
  • Late Afternoon (Exploring & FOMO): I wandered around the resort, feeling a pang of FOMO, watching others having fun. Everyone seemed so relaxed and happy.
  • Evening (Dinner, Regret & Bedtime): I saw how fun other people were having. After that, I went for dinner. I did the same thing again, ordering food. Then, I went back to the room.

Day 3: The Perfect Wave (…Maybe?) & A Pizza Revelation

  • Morning (Repeat Surf School): I'm nothing if not determined (and slightly masochistic). Back to surf school. This time, I almost stood up! For a glorious second or two, I tasted the sweet nectar of surfing success. Then, the inevitable wipeout. But hey, progress!
  • Afternoon (Beach Bliss & Reading): Spent the afternoon lounging on the beach, nursing my potential jellyfish stings (okay, fine, probably just a mosquito bite). I had a book, a cold drink, and the sound of the waves. Pure, undiluted contentment.
  • Late Afternoon (Pizza?! A Culinary Surprise): Honestly, I wasn't expecting much from the pizza, but it gave me life. The crust was crisp, the sauce was flavorful, and the toppings were generous. What a welcome surprise!
  • Evening (Sunset, Stargazing & Rambling Thoughts): Sunset again! Even more stunning than the first, and yes, I took approximately 7,000 photos. After that, decided to stay out and have a look at the sky. The stars were bright. I just stood there, thinking about everything and nothing.

Day 4: Day Trip & The Last Sunrise

  • Morning (Get ready): I was surprised at how fast the time has passed. It was the final day. I woke up early, ate my breakfast, and felt a bit melancholic. That feeling was immediately washed away by sunshine.
  • Afternoon (Farewell and Promises): Back to the beach, had a few last photos. After, I checked out, promising myself that I’d come again. The staff, were all so kind.
  • Late Afternoon (Goodbye and Manila): The trip back to Manila was smooth, it was the best. The driver, made me laugh, and the sunset was a warm goodbye.

Final Thoughts:

This trip to Liwa Lagoon was more than just a vacation; it was a messy, beautiful, imperfect slice of life. It was sun, sand, surf, and sunburns. It was mango mayhem and pizza revelations. It was the chaos, the laughter, the joy, and the little moments of melancholy that made it unforgettable. And honestly? I can’t wait to go back. The Philippines, you have stolen my heart (and probably left me with a tan line I’ll never forget!).

Looe's BEST Ocean View Apartments: Breathtaking Sea Views Await!

Book Now

BALI OF LIWA LAGOON & BEACH RESORT San Felipe Philippines

BALI OF LIWA LAGOON & BEACH RESORT San Felipe Philippines

Escape to Paradise: Bali of Liwa Lagoon & Beach Resort Awaits! - Let's Get Real! (FAQ Edition)

Okay, so...Bali? Liwa Lagoon? Sounds dreamy. But is it *actually* dreamy?

Alright, buckle up, buttercup, because "dreamy" is a word that gets thrown around a lot. And yes, for the most part, Liwa Lagoon *is* pretty damn dreamy. Like, picture-perfect turquoise water, powdery white sand, the whole shebang. But let's be honest, sometimes the dream hiccups. My first impression? Breath-taking. Then reality set in: My suitcase was stuck in Dubai. *Dubai!* Seriously. Ruined half my initial island vibe. You know how you land, you're all excited, ready to rock that floral shirt? Yeah, well, I spent the first six hours trying to charm the concierge into finding me a toothbrush and an emergency pair of shorts. So, dreamy? Yes. Perfect? Nah. Welcome to Bali! And don't forget the bug spray! Seriously.

Tell me about the Beach. Is it swimmable? Is it crowded? Do I need shoes?

The Beach... Oh, the beach! Okay, so, first things first: It's *gorgeous*. Like, the kind of beach you see on postcards and think, "Yeah, right." Actually, it’s way better in person -- the sand is like walking on powdered sugar… when it’s not being, well, hot. Swimmable? Mostly, yes! The water is that incredible teal color. But watch out for the tides; they get a bit intense sometimes. I saw a little kid get knocked over by a wave that was *way* too big. Heart in my throat watching that! Crowded? Depends. We went during the off-season (smart move – my bank account agrees!), so it was blissfully uncrowded. I could actually spread out my towel without accidentally elbowing someone in the face. But I imagine high season is a different story. Book that sunbed early! And shoes? Flip-flops. Always. Unless you’re the type who enjoys stepping on tiny, angry seashells. I am not. And sometimes there are little bits of plastic. (Sigh) But, hey, at least the view is amazing while you're pondering the state of the ocean.

What about the Lagoon? Is it as good as the beach?

The Lagoon... Ah, the Lagoon. Okay, this is where things get *interesting*. It's not quite the stunning wow-factor of the beach, but it has its own charm. Think calmer waters, a more enclosed feeling. It's good for families and chilling. I tried paddleboarding once. Epic fail. I spent more time *in* the water than *on* the board. The locals were probably rolling on the sand laughing... which is fair. The lagoon can be a bit warm, you know? Like a bath that's been sitting in the sun all day. But it’s perfect if you want to wade around and pretend you’re some sort of majestic sea creature. Still… give me the wave of the ocean any day!

The Rooms! What are they like? Clean? Comfortable? What should I expect?

The rooms... Okay, the rooms are lovely. Generally. I mean, they *look* fantastic in the pictures. I’m talking big beds, beautiful views, the whole luxury thing. We had one with a balcony overlooking the *amazing* lagoon. The first night… disaster. We get into the room, and the AC is on full blast. Like, arctic blast. I’m talking teeth-chattering cold. And the remote didn't work. After twenty minutes of wrestling with the thing, the guy from reception had to come fix it. Turns out someone had just turned it on full that day and… well, the hotel needed to learn how to deal with the summer months. I finally got it fixed and it was amazing after that! But that first night? Epic fail. But honestly, the beds were comfy, the bathrooms were clean (important!), and the view was totally worth it. Just… check the AC immediately! And maybe pack an extra sweater. Just in case.

Food! Is the food good? Are there options? What's the deal with the price?

The FOOD! Oh, the food! Okay, this is where Liwa Lagoon really shines. The hotel restaurant serves up some seriously delicious Indonesian cuisine. Nasi Goreng? Amazing! Satay? Fantastic! I basically spent a week eating my way through the menu. Just try to resist! There's also a decent selection of international options if you're not feeling adventurous. And, look, the prices are what you'd expect at a resort. Not cheap, but not insane. We did venture out a few times to local warungs (small, family-run restaurants). Much cheaper. And the food? Sometimes, the best food I’ve ever tasted. And a chance to interact with locals and get a true feel for the culture. Definitely worth it. My advice? Try everything. Embrace the spice. And learn a few basic Indonesian phrases. You'll thank me later. Just remember to ask about the spice level! Because trust me, some of that stuff… well, it’ll wake you up!

Activities! What is there to do? Besides, you know, lying on the beach?

Activities! Right, because just lounging on the beach gets... old? (Said no one ever, but okay.) Liwa Lagoon has a whole list of stuff. You can go snorkeling, diving, kayaking, paddleboarding (see my earlier anecdote), and even take a cooking class. I tried the snorkeling. The coral reefs are… alright. Not the best I’ve ever seen, but not bad. Saw a few fish. And, get this, a tiny little sea turtle! Worth it. Totally worth the sunburn I got. They also have a spa. And, wow, do I recommend it. I think I had the best massage of my life there. Pure bliss. A total "melt into the table" experience. But honestly? My favorite activity was wandering around, exploring the local villages, and talking to the locals. It’s so much more rewarding than sitting in a sunbed all day. And, trust me, you *will* meet the friendliest people.

Is it family-friendly? Or more for couples?

Family-friendly? Definitely! There were loads of families when we were there. Lots of kids running around, splashing in the pool, building sandcastles. It's a safe and fun environment. The hotel had a kids' club, which seemed to be a big hit. But it's also great for couples. Romantic dinners, sunsetsInstant Hotel Search

BALI OF LIWA LAGOON & BEACH RESORT San Felipe Philippines

BALI OF LIWA LAGOON & BEACH RESORT San Felipe Philippines

BALI OF LIWA LAGOON & BEACH RESORT San Felipe Philippines

BALI OF LIWA LAGOON & BEACH RESORT San Felipe Philippines

Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: Bali of Liwa Lagoon & Beach Resort Awaits!"